Feature wishlist/request 2023

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Maskerader, Jun 4, 2023.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Andi said to post feature requests on the forum so that it doesn't get lost, so here's a few things mentioned today in Discord:

(bindings)
    - Multiple binds for the same input.
    - Push-and-hold bindings (to allow bindings like Shift+A).

(replays)
    - Being able to see input meter for everyone in race monitor/replays.
    - A way to go forward/backward by one frame (or a very small time interval) in replays.
    - Add even slower replay speeds (0.05 or 0.025).

(dedicated server)
    - Button in admin tool to spawn people back to pits.
    - Red letters for messages broadcast by admin.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    (car control)
    - Neutral gear lockout option (to prevent accidental downshifts to neutral).

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2023
  3. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    (physics)
    Proper implementation of manual sequential gearboxes (no downshift protection and no auto clutching as standard)

(Gameplay)
    Ability to adjust AI level while in a session (ie you don't have to quit and reload)

(Multiplayer)
    When a race finishes people should be sent back to the pits style menu where they can use in game chat and view full results before quitting the server.

(Graphics)
    -Ability to use wipers to clear windscreen of dirt without having to pit
    -Headlights, ability to choose whether to have them on or off in addition to the flashing (as in race07)

• Like Like x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
  4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    (dedicated server)
    - Broadcasting messages to a specific person, but not to anyone else.
    - Having the option in the admin tool to auto ban people that have a ranked ban.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    - option to make the ingame dash visible/invisible for people with a separate display infront of their steering wheel
    - option to make the safety net visible/invisible for people with a safety net on their rigs

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Some FFB while changing tires would be nice :)

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. watam

watam New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Implement OtterHud officially into the game (and optimise its performance).

• Agree Agree x 7
  8. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Saving entire race/practice configurations:
    Car, track, opponents, AI strength etc, all for a one-click reload of favourites.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    Multiplayer/dedicated server :

- Option to turn on/off the performance index system for multi-class racing.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. ShortyBuzzGER

ShortyBuzzGER Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Before new features get implemented, the devs should program already existing features across the board, which means:

From multi player to single player:
    - flexible reverse grid (why is that fixed to 8 in single player?)
    - 3 race sessions (only 2 in single player)
    - race sessions with different lengths
    - BoP/weight per car and per driver
    - manual set up of starting position /setting of the grid
    - mandatory pitstop with 2 or 4 tires
    - warm up session (don't know if that is really something of value)

From single palyer to multi player:
    - practice and qualy sessions: finish the lap after timer runs out

That now can continue to the championship mode. In general there should be a single player overhaul. But yeah, the things:
    - different race lengths per session and per round
    - adjustable AI level per round
    - BoP/weight per car and per driver (custom bop/success weight so to say)
    - custom point system

As you can see, especially multiplayer has so many more features that the single player just lacks or that are simply not understandable (reversed grid fixed at 8 cars).

And now on to different things, like some quality of live updates. Maybe a favourite tab, so you don't have to scroll through the last page of liveries if there is the one you like most. How many grid slots a track layout has. It's a bit aggravating to click on each layout to then find out how many AI can be placed there.

But yeah, the interchange of features between multi and single player is my #1 priority really.

• Like Like x 3
  11. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    @ShortyBuzzGER I wouldn't be surprised if many of the features you mentioned are already in the new UI or planned for it. It didn't make sense to update the current UI with these features when there was a new one in development, so maybe that's the reason they are absent from single player.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Rowan Unning

Rowan Unning Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0

1 .very felt in sessions:
    • facultative downshift protection for all gears and/or always present only for 1st to Neutral if speed > 0km/s
    ( this one happend very often, can destroy a laptime, one cant downshift pre-turn at given rpms or speed, but can go neutral gear in mid turn, pls fix )

2. feature unlocking:
    • adding possibilty to let driver change tires compound in setup menu, already present and fixed set for some combo.

3. nice to have features:
    • adding the possibility to save the setup post-race
    • adding possibilty to load setup of other combos

Last edited: Jun 10, 2023
  13. KOKORO ga PYONPYON

KOKORO ga PYONPYON Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0 / -0
    ・Updating from DX9 to DX11 or DX12
    ・Updating rule presets
    Inconvenient with only 5 types of DTM and ADACGT
    Presets for major categories such as WTCC and WTCR
    Saving user-configured presets
    ・Reintroduction of ApexHunt
    It would be nice if there was some kind of reward for completing it (race car or vRP)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2023
  14. Stephan Koch

Stephan Koch New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Driver change
    Custom liveries
    Adjustable abs
    Adjustable tc1 tc2

15. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Edit - Reread the first post. +1 for multiple bindings. I retired from a race due to not remembering where I bound my pit menu controls. :D

Last edited: Jun 19, 2023
  16. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    How many versions would you need to be able to remember?

17. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I use pit menu regularly even in short races, to check if my car has any damage. Although, it's not realistic and I'm trying to move away from this habit.

18. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    I guess my feature request would be career mode.

A mode where you pick up a starting point in one of the entry series and progress further based on your results. No need to think what car to drive, what tracks to choose, what difficulty to set, but a designed progression path to follow from slow cars on lower difficulty to faster ones on higher. Every season is a fresh challenge that emerges organically from your driving.

I actually came up with something like this for a companion app and had some great fun with it as well, but it's one thing to use an external tool, set up each championship on your own, then put the results into the tool, and - in my case - also having to come up with all the content from scratch, and another thing is to have it all integrated with the game itself.

I think every sim could use such mode to provide a ready-to-go experience for newcomers and people who simply don't have a good idea what to do with all that content, and I'm certain that it would increase the overall engagement with the product, or even create the urge to buy some content. I enjoyed the fake "career" campaign mode in Assetto Corsa, I enjoyed the barebones career mode in GT Legends (who remembers that?) and I also enjoyed the simple career mode in Project Cars 2, though the replayability was ruined by the fact that each championship in it was scripted to the point each race in it always had the same weather preset. Now I enjoy the best career mode in the industry which is Codies' F1 - and I still do some modding, introduce house rules, tweak the car performance, etc., to make it even spicier.

I guess such things are not high on the request list for most simracers, but since we're pitching the ideas, here's mine. And sometimes, you only realize you wanted something only after you get it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2023
  19. elkingdu50

elkingdu50 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +145 / 0 / -0
    I've thought about other ones

Multiplayer/dedicated server :
    - Option to adjust the pit window time when mandatory pitstop is activated.

Gameplay (I am half joking for this one) :
    - Consistent and rational track limits :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Actually... I may have misunderstood multiple bindings. I assumed that multiple mapping meant, your button mapping would have alternate functions, depending on what menu is open. I am not looking for duplicate bindings for the pit menu. I just wanted my D-pad to be able to operate it when it is open, and to return to looking and view change duty when the pit menu is closed.

There are things I would like to have duplicate bindings for. Sequential shifting and pause are two examples. Although escape and having a button on the wheel that doubles as the pause/escape key seems to work well.

It's sounds like a good habit to have. Make sure you know what your controls are, just in case you need to use them. I should have double checked my pit menu controls before jumping into the race. But sometimes making the mistake is the best way to learn.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023