Released 28/02/2017 RaceRoom has been updated

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Sonat Ozturk, Feb 28, 2017.

1. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    Youre right. I can see the M6 now.

2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Just tried the McLaren at Bathurst. So happy!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dan84

Dan84 Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    And and can see the 650S. Both being driven by the AI

4. DreamsKnight

DreamsKnight Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0 / -0
    why blue flag (or yellow? i don't remember) was warking before? i'm playing raceroom since december. curiosity. :D

5. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    new flag stuff is for RF2. It'll come to Raceroom when Sector3 implement it at their end.

For VR users, make sure you're *not* using the latest SteamVR beta - it's broken

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Bah, wanted Flag stuff.

Still good stuff though :)

7. StoneComet

StoneComet New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Great News. Thank you for continuing to update the game. Two things.

One:

Could you please add AI to the servers for consumers that do not have the time to dedicate to a fully multiplayer server/racing group. A few of my friends and I would love to be able to fill the grid with AI when we find the time to race together. I think you will be surprised how much additional revenue that would generate.

Two:

Are there any plans to reach out to game servers? I would love to be able to rent a server with the RRR3 multiplayer tool. I'm pretty sure we can rent a pure dedicated server and add a STEAM account and the RRR3 server tool. Pure dedicated servers are more expensive to rent. If someone is renting game server space for RRR3 please point me in the right direction.

Again thank you for the update. I hope you continue to strongly support this game. My favorite part of this update is the pre-implementation of a reputation system and the continued work on the AI.

Cheers,

SC :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. Gopher04

Gopher04 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +237 / 0 / -0
    Nice update, and we get the choice of buying the pack with all the liveries..;)

Getting alot of car shadow flicker in the replays from the FR-US..

The display updates we have so far look good, a part from the Bentley which you can't see as it's still sitting on the floor, would love to get this interior updated to the 2016 version.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  9. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I have found a bug!
    When you do a rolling start on the 24h Nordschleife in the GTR3 with 99 opponents and you are at the start on the right side, the AI will always drive into the pit entry wall.
    You can't do anything. I will test it on the VLN Nordschleife soon.
    More information coming.

10. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    ROFL, we Germans are quiet sensitive with the word "Love, to love".....but in many countries (specially Americans often seem to love everyone and everything first and foremost for example) it is understood in a much wider sense....so don't worry......well ok, dunno how handsome Jim really is :D

Thanks for the Update btw. - love it :)

11. Squanchy

Squanchy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    What's this "new data displays" business? I didn't see any difference. What did I miss? It is inside the cockpit?
    P.S. I didn't know there were so many "bumps" to smooth in the tracks. Seemed pretty smooth to me ;)
    thanks

12. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    A worthy update.

Bring on the new GT3s.

13. TheFlash

TheFlash Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    Still no AI selector/car filter :( I'm getting worried - no sign of this much needed feature since the confirmation about a year ago.

The GT3 field is getting bigger and bigger and for me some cars I have to race against destroy the immersion of simulating and racing a today's GT3 race. I don't want to drive the new generation of GT3 cars against a purple Mustang :rolleyes: ... o_O

• Agree Agree x 5
  14. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I believe the AI selector is still in the works but it would be nice to get some further info on this. It's almost essential for the GT3 class now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Tobias Schröder

Tobias Schröder Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +273 / 0 / -0
    FINALLY Monza got an update! Great news!

16. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I hate you, I envy you!:mad::mad:;)
    Downloading since 6:34 pm, another 2 hours to go!
    Oh f***ing Telekom!

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    ok either I don't know how the motec works in a DTM car and I'm too stupid to use it or the data display in the DTM Car (2016 Merc tested) is totally messed up.

the Rev bar below the Rev LEDs is totally autonomic and so is the gear indicator. It's like it is showing someone else's data but not mine. Got so confused it was in N at the start that i paddled up to 6th gear without noticing. So I made a magnificient start in 6th gear.. omg.. the LEDs indicate what my actual engine rev is but again, the gear indicator and lower rev bar are completely witchcraft.
    It was impossible to complete a lap without getting confused every 10 seconds. I'm in 4th, the indicator changes between 2 and 3 and back.. etc... I hope this bug will be fixed soon.

Edit: And the shown speed doesn't match my car

18. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Have you got opponent cockpits enabled? There were some weird issues with them a few months back - perhaps it's worth trying disabling them

19. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    of course i have. I don't really want to disable them. I need them :(

The data display from the mclaren is fine, but only tested it in multiplayer

20. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    It's not the 6th gear start, because I restarted the race. But I hope you see what I mean. Speed, rev bar, gear doesn't match my car in the slightest.

• Informative Informative x 1