Blink twice if RRE is going to have a new graphics engine...!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Feb 13, 2022.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    As per my signature, Samsung G9 49" Super Ultrawide 5120x1440. Every time I run shader to the max, I have massive FPS drop after the first turn in Monza Junior, on Medium everything is fine. Took a while to try every setting (lens, bloom, shadows, etc...) but finally found the guilty setting.

2. bubblejohns

bubblejohns Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    ive done some checking i get 3 cores/threads sitting at high 60% usage but my 1070 is completely pegged during races. 100% usage, deffo make sure you turn some frame rate limiter on. also some tracks are harder to run than others majorly, and more than 30 cars starts to tank everything. 100 is lol

3. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
  4. nolive721

nolive721 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    Well the team behind RRE was recently renamed as KW Studio so that could be a hint indeed no?
    My 2p

5. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    As a VR user I say for VR you better avoid U4E alltogether. It gets reported too often to cause issues in VR, not just in ACC.

ACC with Rift worked well enough for me, compared to other race sims in the Rift (full cars, night, weather, medium details: smooth frame rates, it just got a bit hotter in the oven, that was all). But with the G2 and its higher resolution, then ther sims were very much improved - but ACC took a deep dive (a blurriness much, much worse than anything in the Rift including ACC ever had), and I do not play it anymore due to this, that lousy it looks. G2 was an improvement for every title I use VR for, even FS20. Just not in ACC.

Please, no U4E engine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Since everyone seems to be chewed up over Unreal 4, what about putting the next raceroom on the upcoming Forza Tech Engine? That'll raise some eyebrows. And think about it, Forza Motorsport's graphics with RaceRoom's sounds and physics.

Let's just ignore all the issues FM7 has on PC. I think KW Studios would actually give a crap and make the sim stable on PC. Let a console version have all the optimisation issues for a change. LOL

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    good luck with the license :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    theres a few games coming out in that engine, we have no idea what its really capable of though. and looking at what MSG and Reiza have just done to themselves. it might not be worth using an off the shelf at all. AC was going to be done in Unity until the last minute because they apparently couldnt get something working right.

only option i can see is subcontracting heaps of coders and smashing out a custom engine that is a large step forward from what they have now in terms of getting the existing physics going again.
    UE4 or 5 or by the tome r3e changes UE8 just seems the most logical from whats already out there. but yeah i wouldnt be thrilled in it either
    make lizard engine 2

9. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Definitely try this! Made a massive improvement for me, now up to 141 fps comfortably.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Seems only to work with modern RTX cards,not with mine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    nah quite alot of us have tried it and its works on a range of cards. some people it just didnt at all

12. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    The Lizzard Engine was only used in Race07, it's add-ons and Race Pro, correct? RaceRoom runs on something else?

I think I found my answer...

From Bing search (yes, I use Bing)...

"RaceRoom is built utilizing Image Space Incorporated 's isiMotor2 racing simulation game engine."

Interesting that they are using ISI's isiMotor2 and not the Lizzard engine.

- Another edit and more incoherent rambling...

Lizard was intended for consoles according to what I found on RaceDepartment.
    Lizard Game Engine | RaceDepartment

Looks like that engine was intended to grow into something bigger than just one title on XB360. It's a shame it didn't work out. I liked Race Pro a lot, but that was well before I switched to PC gaming. It would be interesting if KW brings the engine back from the grave.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Why mention it? Do you feel guilty about it? No need, you must use whatever search engine suits you best. It is available so you may use it without any shame.:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. DonaldD

DonaldD Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Hahaha.
    Good one :/thumbsUP :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    RR only uses a heavily modified physics engine based off ISIs pMotor2. The rest (including graphics) is something else, built in-house. I don't know for sure, if there are any remnants left of Lizard in RR, but as far as I remember, it's called somewhat different, so probably no.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    its complicated ,
    All games from simbin /raceroom contain image space rf code , this was branched away from rfactor code if my brain isnt failing about at rf1 2.54 base , this is where it starting to get mutated ... so gtr2....
    So pmotor/gmotor aspects (pmotor , physics engine of rfactor )
    Race 07 is the same , race pro sees the tweaks in first gen lizard .... but wtf is lizard
    Imho lizard is the tweaked branch of rf pmotor section and Rendr ,the simbin graphics engine combined
    This got even more tweaked for raceroom

All of this info may be utter ......
    But my two neurons seem to be in agreement

Andi

• Informative Informative x 3
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2022
  17. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I use Bing as one of my 4 browsers! Chrome mainly just because i'm just used to it but Google does like to censor a lot of what i search so have other browsers to bypass their censorship ;)

18. bubblejohns

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    what animal comes after Lizard tho? would is be types of lizard or do we move on with the alphabet say Mongoose next? these are important questions

19. Amir_Pomen68

Amir_Pomen68 New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    Just dont make poor sim driver with old gpu suffer...

Thats all i want...

Right now im on gtx750, i7 4770k OC to 4ghz stable.. with ssd and plenty of fans...

Running 120fps consistent even in nordschleife with full grid of multiclass cars

20. Pullblox

Pullblox Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Are you using an Nvidia graphics card? I tried it on my AMD RX 6600XT and there were problems with shadows.