Blink twice if RRE is going to have a new graphics engine...!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Feb 13, 2022.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I have a RTX 3090 and I'm getting stuttering (GPU stuck near 99%) at Twin Montegi short course and many other tracks with many graphic settings set to off or low... very frustrating. I know the developers can't promise anything or say much about the future, but at least, can you say if there are active efforts going on to improve and modernize the graphical experience? Just blink... no need to give us any other details.... ;)

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Sounds like an issue with your setup since the game is more CPU locked than GPU locked. I guess if you are running VR and high res then maybe they could be a factor.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    RRE is more CPU power than GPU power, so your RTX 3090 is probably the causing factor here. Or the driver.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Thanks... I'll have to investigate, since my CPU is very new and barely clock any usage, while the GPU is really high. I don't use VR anymore, so I'm puzzled.

5. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Do you guys think OtterHUD could be the guilty party for the stuttering?

6. Pekro

Pekro Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Years ago some of the developers were talking about moving to Unreal Engine 4, but I don't think this will happen soon.
    And as a VR-User I hope they do it better than Kunos did with ACC.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps, culprits are also wheel driver, graphics driver and overclock software. I´d go back to basics with no third party apps or tuning software and just keyboard to check if that improves anything. Also go down to 1080 res.

8. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    You haven't specified what kind of framerate you're running, if you have the frames uncapped and running very high, the fluctuations on the high end can be visible as a stutter of sorts. I'd try to turn on vsync and limit the frames at some reasonable value (I guess you have some 144Hz screen with such a GPU, so start with 144).

9. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Running @ 120fps. I will turn off logitech HUB, seems to be creating issues with everything. I re-installed the game and my documents settings completely, no luck. I have the latest Nvidia drivers, Fanatec drivers, Fanalab... I'm using MSI Afterburner to measure FPS, perhaps that is affect the FPS?

10. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    MSI Afterburner is known to cause issues with r3e so id definitely try running r3e without that to see if that changes anything

11. DrKarotte

DrKarotte Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    My performance seems to be related to OtterHud, much more than changing any other options (time scale, details and so on).

12. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    You don't need that.You have FPS displayed in your Steam overlay!You must only actvate it in preferences.

13. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Really? Never seen any problems. I use it all he time.:D

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Im far from an expert on the matter and dont suspect it to be something that cant work together at all but ive come across people having issues with the combo more than a few times on here and i think its been confirmed at least by mods/beta testers that it can often lead to problems

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Afterburner and rivatuner cause these problems. Ditch them. You can either use built in Nvidia monitoring or something like open hardware monitor. Or the simple steam overlay as above.

16. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I think the issue is fixed and now I'm able crank the graphics settings back up without any FPS drop issues.
    1. Lowering the Shader Quality to medium seems to have fixed the issue (repeatable using Junior Monza in practice).
    2. Remove Afterburner and using Nvidia FPS Advanced display (much easier, cleaner)

• Informative Informative x 1
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What is this? I can't find any helpful info on the internet.

18. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    upload_2022-2-14_20-22-7.png

Open up GForce overlay experience, click on share, then the gear, then click on HUD layout, then performance.

19. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Thanks. The only options for the FPS counter are choosing a corner or turning it off. I guess my GPU is old.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2022
  20. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    What resolution are you running at? Assume it must be VR or triples? I can run shaders on max even on my 1050ti. You should be able to max everything on a 3090

• Agree Agree x 1