Problem car feel like a tank

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by 247, Oct 26, 2022.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Min specs is GTX 460. Coincidentally I had it and it was enough to run the game at 60FPS (my monitor refresh rate, but I haven't tested uncapped FPS) at FullHD on low-mid settings, so there was room for even more performance.

2. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
  3. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Yes, and it provided performance way better than expected for a minimum spec GPU. Lower the resolution, put all settings on lowest and I can easily believe GT 530 would give you at least 20-30 FPS.

4. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    hello, sorry for being late but it's kinda hard to record me while driving

here we go again, today left a race at imola with gt3 cars cause my corvette was a damn tank, server was from raceroom portugal, then done a ranked race with the dtm 92 mercedes at portimao and had absolutely no problem at all

just for info, my internet is about 10 mb, not that great but should e enough

probably the most important thing, althought i doubt it's relevant:
    i'm actually playing on linux via steam proton and unfortunately the required proton to play raceroom is not compatible with with the gt530, so pratically i play the game cpu only (a very old but high end i5) which is more than enough to run the game althought at very lowest settings, maybe it's not the culprit, as i already said i can do single player races no problem with 34 opponents, but it was worth mentioning

on a side note, i'm actually building up a new pc, which should be much more powerful, so maybe i won't have this problem...

5. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Install Windows, don't play games on Linux, you are asking for pain.

6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Linux works fine , you can use the steam deck tweaked repo/ proton etc
    The game will play if you findd support for your gpu and controllers

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  7. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    nah, as of now the only problem i have is my graphic card not being supported by newer protons, otherwise everything is working really good, i just need to press play and everything works as in windows...

8. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What assists are you using and what assists were allowed on servers? On those that have issues and on those that don't.

9. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    hello, it has been a very long time but finally i have the culprit of this

on the free week, lots of people done a race at indianapolis with the indycar, tried too and tried to lower as much aids as possible to lower my ballast, untill i deactivated the "countersteer assist" and my car suddenly became a tank

tried also on other servers and on single, deactivaitng this will make my car turn into a tank

now, i don't know if driving at those speeds in real life you can have this effect too (probably yes, anyway) but in game seems to me, a little bit exagerated

maybe it's a bug?didn't recall it was like this some years ago, or maybe i'm just wrong?

Last edited: Jun 28, 2023
  10. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    A video with your inputs would help. Even if just a phone recording of your screen (in replay).

What you describe doesn't make a lot of sense to me, countersteer assist shouldn't make your car more lively, kinda the opposite.

11. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    will try to...

12. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Are you using a wheel or a controller? Or other.

13. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    steam controller, but tried with a kb and it's the same...

14. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    anyway i was able to record a screencast with the assist on and off, uploading to yt right now, althought it will take time as my connection is a little slow on upload...

15. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0

finally, here it is, you can clearly see the difference here, when countersteer assist is off, car at higher speeds really does not want to turn...

16. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    cant replicate, send pic with advanced control settings
    if u record such videos make sure to include input meter (search in settings to bind key for that)

17. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I am going with steering sensitivity or speed sensitive steering settings being the culprit, so if you can send a sceenshot of those that might help.

• Like Like x 1
  18. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    Or you are just putting in too much steering and causing instant understeer. Cars have weight you don't just turn the wheel and the car follows, you load the tyres and feed he steering in

19. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    But how does countersteer assist affect it? I though it was for oversteer situations.

20. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    i had no such issue on the keyboard, and u know how inputs are there :p imo its what vale suggested but need more data