Confusing beginning and end of the pit speed limits

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by pierredietze, Mar 13, 2021.

1. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    I've just noticed (yes, maybe a little late...) that the begin and the end of the speed limiter area on many tracks are not matching the track grafics.

To better understand what i mean, i.e. Brands Hatch GP:
    brands.jpg
    Everybody who thinks speed limit ends here is wrong, it's ~50m later.

Nürburgring GP:
    nürb.jpg
    Speed limit starts when you leave the track and enter the pitlane, ~ 100m before this sign.

On many tracks you have multiple white lines across the pitlane, and you never know exactly where the speed limit starts or ends because of missing signs.

I think it might be a good idea to improve this on all tracks to match the visible and "game engine" pit limiter begin/end.
    We now have ranked races with mandantory pitstops, and i am pretty confident it will be more in the future. This would help all drivers to make a clean pitstop even on tracks there are not so familar with.
    Thank you !

• Agree Agree x 6
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Agree. Even though it doesn't affect my racing experience much, pitting always confuses me - more than it should, really. These are set rules, there's no need to turn it into a guesswork.

3. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Is there not an orange cone at the official speed limit line?
    Saying that have been caught out on all the above tracks at one point or another, does seem rather dumb having the sign in the wrong place. Always lose time pitting, even more so since the over sensitive limit calamity we had recently. One reason why I generally stick to sprint racing, eliminate a potential problem from the off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Mmmm.......interesting. I use mandatory pitstops and never had trouble in this game because pit entry/exit is defined by an obvious orange cone by limit line unlike other sims it can be guess work. Yes I agree some tracks need better alignment with speed limit line.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I don't think that's true. Looking at this video (30:55), the speed limit starts at the point in your screenshot:

6. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    Quite long time ago I ran a custom singleplayer championship with various tracks and mandatory pit-stop. Confusion seems to be the best word describing nearly every pit-stop on each track I chose... Speed limits rarely matched the white lines resulting in me getting penalties for speeding in pitlane. Then I became overcautious while pitting and I was losing too much time. And in the end I just gave up mandatory pitstop. Making the pitlane borders more clear would really be helpful in this regard :)

Last edited: Mar 13, 2021
  7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I agree. A thick yellow box junction type line on entry and exit would help immensely.

8. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    yep its one of the things i learn when learning a track, what line is the line?!

i think there are cones maybe but still, clearer would be better

9. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    Nope, he is allready over the limit before the righthander. Look at 30:59. 90 km/h instead of 80.
    Or is this just meant as a warnning of the limit that comes? Even more confusing...

10. ✠UK_SPAWN✠

✠UK_SPAWN✠ Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Just a hud element like the flags and "essential overlays" that has a "10m to pit limiter" countdown in meters...

11. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Yeah, the thing that comes first is sort of a warning box telling you how much you're over the speed limit of the upcoming pitlane. Once you enter the pitlane, another box pops up counting down to your box, only at that point the speed limit is in effect.

The Nurburgring pitlane is ok, but there are few that are weird. From latest memories, for example Bilster Berg is really confusing, because the actual limit starts way further than the line and the sign would suggest.

• Agree Agree x 1