Resolved DTM 2020 undriveable since December update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Speedo, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    You've totally misunderstood stood this and gone off on a tangent now

2. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    No.

It's nothing specific to race room at all. Off throttle oversteer is very a real world real world thing. Not allowing the throttle to fully close reduces this effect.

Fact.

Preload is a defines how hard the clutch packs inside the differential are being pressed together. It is a measure of the side thrust applied to the bearings inside the differential housing. This can be done to any limited slip differential.

Adjusting power and coast settings involve changing components inside the differential. They are called ramps and work to compress the clutch packs together depending on whether the engine is providing power or in overrun/coast.

In a lot of modern race series it is not permitted to change to none standard components because of homologation rules.

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Thanks, I think I have got it now.

Has anyone got closer to the best leaderboard time with the current DTM20 setup?

4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    You got me thinking about that so I tried out the Honda Civic, which has a HUD displaying digital RPM.

I tested on a straight. At the redline, in first gear when I lift off the gas, it takes 14 seconds to decelerate to idle when Engine Braking Reduction is at 20 clicks and only 9 seconds at EBR 1 click, so it works as intended in that aspect.

However, idle revs are 1765 RPM no matter the EBR clicks used. In 1st gear, but with throttle released, the car will slow to a standstill on a flat surface and won´t accelerate if you go from neutral to first with 0 throttle input either, so it seems not to be the same concept as adjusting the idle revs on a real car by playing with the throttle body on older cars or the ECU on newer ones as in those cases a low idle would make the car easier to stall and a high one would make it pull the car with no throttle input.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2022
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    The minimum revs are already set up so cars don't stall. In development we often see cars stalling and this is adjusted before the cars go live.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Alex Hodgkinson

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
  7. Pape78

Pape78 New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Quick feedback about the latest update. I like it. Going in the right direction again.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    @Alex Hodgkinson
    Coming back to initial scope of this thread,

"DTM 2020 - Set upshiftlift throttle to 0% for faster & smoother gear changes, Fixed error where diff power/coast values were inverted"
    with these latest changes as of 28.12.22 (0.9.4.61) the car's behavior is now fully plausible again
    Thanks for all your support.