Resolved DTM 2020 undriveable since December update

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Speedo, Dec 14, 2022.

1. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Since today's update the DTM2020 is completely undrivevable.

I don't know to describe it.
    When breaking into slow corners or cruising through, the rear end is snapping into oversteer.
    Massively, unpredictable and unplausible.
    In fast corners and with full throttle the behavior is unchanged.

I'd guess something with the new feature "The new drivetrain oscillations system is now implemented on most cars" is broken.

2. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Noticed this too but thought maybe itd just been a while since i drove the audi and i just wouldve needed more time to get the hang of it again. Just out of curiosity, what track did you notice this on?

3. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Interlagos.
    I praticed the track quite a lot the last days for our upcoming leage event.
    Yesterday all was fine. Today the change is massive.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well that should rule out a lack of practice or a new track being the cause then, lets hope it can be fixed quickly

5. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Does adding more preload and inceasing engine braking help?

6. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No.
    Tried it, but makes only small difference.
    The oversteer is so massive, I don't think it's possible to cure with setup.

7. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. Have you seen the same with any other cars like the GR5s? I am going to update it later tonight and try for myself.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    No issues for me with either DTM at Hockenheim or Portimao under braking apart from the usual snapiness on acceleration in anything less than 3rd gear. I notice they seem to be locked on engine map 1 - is that new?

The one that´s undriveable for me is the new blue Croslé so that will probably be everyone else´s favourite.

9. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Interesting. Later today I will check a few other tracks we've raced this season before.

Yesterday we had a leage practice race in Interlagos.
    I can tell that every driver of our leage had same problems. There is definitely an issue. And the behavior is very unpredictable. So you do not get any trust in the car to push to it's limit.

10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I am one of the worst at using DTM20 or indeed any powerful RWD cars with no factory TC in the game so if there was a bug, I´d know about it! Are you running default setups? I only moved brake balance back as usual with these cars, nothing else and was not able to spin out at any speed apart from coming out of the hairpins on full gas. As mentioned, the stock setup Crosslé closed wheel car WAS impossible for me to control under braking, so no driving aids were used.

11. Speedo

Speedo Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    I just can repeat myself, there is indeed a massive change in the behavior of the DTM20.
    Confirmed by all drivers in our DTM20 league, including some of the topmost DTM20 drivers out there on track.

I'm not using the Standard setup, but I tried it yesterday as well.
    It's masking the above issue to some extend, because standard setup is bit understeery in general. But issue is also present with Standard setup. Maybe depending on the track.

12. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I don´t have Interlagos so I can´t test there. One other possible explanation is you guys are using FFB wheels so you may notice it more than I do. All I can say is they seem similar on stock setup to before but I swear that before you could adjust the engine map.

The German Nationals do feel different now in a good way. Don´t notice much change with the Gr5s but haven´t done much in them.

13. Nico Kunze

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Im 99.9% sure they didnt have different engine maps before :D

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    In the official spreadsheet they don´t, it´s true. Anyway that shouldn´t affect the issue being reported if it is under braking so it´s either a bug or you need to adapt your driving inputs or test on other tracks. Maybe I am too slow in these cars to see the issue and I only used them before the update for the Assen leaderboard, which has not got a lot of slow corners.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  15. Joe Ore

Joe Ore New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    the issue is not only related to Interlgos i have the same issue on Aragon.
    With the default setup the issue is not visible, but to use default setup is not a option, because this Setup is about 2 seconds slowere als a modified one. What bring some improvement is to increase the motor break reduction

16. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    Same here but in most cars I own, massive loss of grip! :(...having said that...I'm not sure if I like it or not? o_O

Last edited: Dec 16, 2022
  17. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    You'll have to build a new setup. It's well known that old setups don't always work well after a physics update. If default works then car isn't broken.

18. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    But there was no physics update for these cars, no? At least not in the patchnotes.

19. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    May be linked to the drivetrain oscillation added to all cars. In any case, if default works then the car is fine.

20. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Perhaps @Speedo could post some screenshots of their undriveable setup and @Alex Hodgkinson can confirm what physics and default setup changes have happened and we can take it from there.

Maybe also use a track like Silverstone national or Zandvoort, which more people have, to test. You could also check if the issue is better on a leaderboard with no tyre wear or temperature issue and where you can use a more aggressive setup.