Fanatec General Discussion

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DomB, May 22, 2018.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Your trail braking skills will thank you.

I have a set of the CSLE+LC pedals, and I find trail braking to be inconsistent. Even if I press my foot in the same place, the drop off feels different when I slowly release the pedal. Then there's the notorious arm flex issue thats makes initial braking a crap shoot. You're doing good in getting rid of the CSLE pedals. They look great, but they aren't all they're cracked up to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  2. i_am_buried

i_am_buried New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Anybody know if there’s a specific driver for CSL Elite load cell?

3. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Aside from the Fanatec Control Panel, no. Nothing just for the CSL+LC pedals. They are currently on driver 434.

Driver | Fanatec

4. Cully.ie™

Cully.ie™ Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    According to UPS my GT DD PRO is arriving tomorrow, its been a long road back to simracing after a year away [long story].
    Ideally i would prefer to have the CSL DD configured to my liking but if i did i would be waiting until July of 22 and ive waited long enough.
    Anyways, im wondering if there is a default profile in R3E for this wheel? or is there anything i should do when i first boot up the sim?

5. Alex Hodgkinson

Alex Hodgkinson KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,948 / 0 / -0
    There may not be a default profile for that wheel base yet. However if you reach out to me once you've got it set up and recognised by the game I can do something about that.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. Cully.ie™

Cully.ie™ Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    Thanks a lot Alex.

7. Cully.ie™

Cully.ie™ Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
  8. ahli-racing

ahli-racing New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

9. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2022
  10. Wilko Jones

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    This wheelbase?

[​IMG]
    If so, then yes. It's listed as compatible for both Universal Hubs on Fanatec's site.

• Informative Informative x 1
  11. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Thanks Wilko :) ...yeah, that one.Got a problem with my old hub and a collegue is offering me the CSP one..

12. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Does anyone else struggle to get a good center with CSWv2 in R3E? I just feel around center there is nothing, I've played around with settings but nothing even increasing minimum force doesn't help. Please recommend settings to help improve FFB. I have settings per the instructions in game for my wheel.

13. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Do you have damper on 100% ingame and on the wheel , you can also tweak a bit using fanalabs , there are a few videos out there where ppl describe there fanatec settings ,control panel/fanalabs and wheel

Andi

• Like Like x 1
  14. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    Where is this settings in game? I have 100/100/0/50/0/30/0 from the top down. On wheel i have FF 100, DRI off, FOR 100 and DMP 100.

15. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Can you do a screem shot of the 100/100 etc

Andi

16. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I can but ive just left my PC for the day so it will have to be tomorrow.. It was just from the top of the FFB in game settings page. I cant remember the names but it is the main gain, linearity, minimum and stationary or something like that.

17. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
  18. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
  19. 2ndLastJedi

Ratings:
    +156 / 0 / -0
    I've been seeing so much more reports of Fanatec issues of late and have noticed the incoming DD bases from other brands like Simagic and Moza really bringing the heat to Fanatec.
    Here in Australia i can get a 10nm base from Simagic for $1100 or 15nm for $1599 and the rims with very solid QR for $675 and even some Titan Evo pedals for $799!!!

So with me being a Fanatec "fanboi" for years seeing all this competition and little excitement from Fanatec has really started me considering the switch. I hope the issues I've been seeing are not a sign of things to come and Fanatec lift their game and bring some new products and QR2 soon as i am so close to needing a new base and the DD1-2 feel to expensive and old tech now and CSL DD is to weak.

20. Bull Shark

Bull Shark Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +162 / 0 / -0
    Lucky I do not experience problems with my Fanatec gear (knock on wood) but the price rise every year and they are beyond my reach now. So if one of my Fanatec breaks, I have to look out for an other brand. Was also a Fanatec boy but times are changing… :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1