Released Group 5 Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 18, 2015.

1. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely...and also there is no reason to refuse because of pride (hey look I`m as fast like wheel drivers with keyboard /pad!) cause if you are really into "complete" simracing you will start to cry using a decent wheel. First because of joy how f****** good it feels and second because of sadness, cause you will ask yourself why in the world you have tortured yourself with keys/ controllers for so many years...it is impossible to get the same feedback for relaxed & efficient driving (specially with longer races) with gamepads, not to mention a keyboard.
    And I#m talking about FFB wheels of course - it has to be a DFGT at minmum (or sth equal by Thrustmaster or others), there`s no way around....

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Öberg

Öberg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +107 / 0 / -0
    When I started R3E I drove only with keyboard aswell, once you get the hang of it you can actually make half decent laps.
    It becomes problematic though since all you have is Max turn left, Max turn right, Max throttle and Max brake, you have nothing in between and thus it becomes less controled and less precise.

I bought a Logitech DrivingForce GT and havent looked back since! The driving is like night and day compared to keyboard.
    The DFGT isnt the best wheel out there but I believe its an excellent starting wheel, I have nothing to compare with but I think it does the job great.
    Once you learn to "translate" all of the FFB you recieve, you get a whole world of new information that is impossible to get with keyboard.
    It makes the driving easier, more fun and far far more immersive.
    I would very much recommend buying a wheel, you just dont experience the game to its full potential without one.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. -nOiSe-

-nOiSe- Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +51 / 0 / -0
    Well guys I know a wheel is better than keyboard... ;) Keyboard is "on-off" way to play (100% or 0% of input) and because of that it's impossible to drive without Tracion Control (and often also with ABS).
    I was going to buy a wheel about 3 months ago (I'm interested in Logitech G27), but I had no money... And the budget I have now needs entirely for a camcorder I have to buy to work...
    When I have more money, surely I'll buy good steering wheel with pedals ;)

4. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Was a general comment of course - I hesitated long time before I bought my first FFB wheel years ago but the more advanced Simracing titles (even Simarcade) became the more I`ve regret that I waited so long ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Question for everyone. What Settings are you all using for the ZakSpeed as far as Wheel Settings and Steering Lock. I cannot find a good one to use as of yet. Thanks!!

6. machwebb

machwebb Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    I'm 900/25 which is 720/20 or 540/15 steering sensitivity at 50

• Like Like x 1
  7. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you sir!! Is there a website that basically talks about what steering lock is and what the numbers in video games mean? I've tried doing a search and couldn't find much out. Is it the larger the number the more range you have and the smaller the number the less range you have?

8. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    1st number is Degrees of Rotation (DOR) in your wheel...
    2nd number is the amount of Lock (steering) angle if you like.

50% sensitivity is a linear 1/1 ratio between your wheel and the game. more than 50% will give you more steering at the beginning of rotation and less at the end, below 50% the opposite of that.

if you find you are having to turn the wheel more than you would like: lower the DOR or raise the Lock

If the steering is too sensitive for your liking, do the opposite.

You can always play with the overall sensitivity instead.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thank you so much. That is simple enough that a dope like me can understand it. I very much appreciate it.

10. machwebb

Ratings:
    +224 / 0 / -0
    You're very welcome maan.. Hope you find a way to enjoy the car.

11. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Nope, less writing, more trying to avoid virtual death. Which tracks are you enjoying them on?

12. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    Any ?? :D
    I like em on mid-Ohio short. Pretty intense

13. Gui Carioni

Gui Carioni New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    me too :)

• Like Like x 2