I Dare... Or do I ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by sarco, Jan 25, 2016.

1. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    someone must be happy the X-Files are back on tv........

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    Lots lost in translation and expression add in a little frustration........
    Maybe the FB page should have a link to the Support Forum, it currently dosnt.

Hungaroring turn 1 seems way too strict, as does the hairpin at Hockenheim and a few more!
    Brands isnt Brands currently :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Just one little thing.
    When you're in the portal of the game, on the upper right corner there's a pretty obvious button called "Assistance".
    When you click on it you end up.. right here !

Second thing : while in the game, there's plenty of load screen with usefull informations, one is about getting support and give the url of this board. If you have play this game more than once YOU HAVE SEEN IT !

There's no excuse for "newbies" to not know about this board and about getting support.
    FB never was about getting support, it's only in some people mind.. people that live in FB and think FB is about the internet.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I'm not entering this conversation! (again) Jeez some people need to get a life!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    Is that really an answer that belong on this forum, respond to criticism with personal attacks?

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. Not Lifting Off

Not Lifting Off Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +368 / 0 / -0
    But you did just to tell someone they need to get a life?

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    I don't know what you have said before or if you had something to say in the first place.
    And I beg your pardon cause I don't understand what your point is ?
    Except for sheer frustration out of something that remains a mystery to me...

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0

Seems like there's a lot of people getting help with the game or with questions here:
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?forums/community-support.54/

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Sean Kenney

Sean Kenney Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +316 / 0 / -0
    Hmmmmm, well one of the funnier threads I have read... never amazed at my fellow humans.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0
    Guys, I can though see and understand the point he is making. Not sure why you all jumped on and fried him.

I myself, feel his frustration at times as I have posted a few posts/threads asking questions and technical stuff, like about API and if certain functionalities will be available, possible or added and 99% I never got an answer or a feedback.

Of course I understand they are maybe busy, don't want to answer, or can't be fucked answering etc, but now I stopped asking technical stuff (not help about the game as Andi is always there to help me ;) ) as I know I'm talking to myself...

So, I think I know what he means.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    Since we see questions answered here everyday, this statement could be considered as trolling ("no one", really?), but fortunately you make it clear, it's just a perception issue that happens to you. For me, it seems there's a lot of people getting the needed help. Big difference is I have a whole forum to prove it.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Brandon Wright

Brandon Wright Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +312 / 0 / -0
    It's kinda human nature. When you ask questions around here and your post is riddled with attitude, you get responses with attitude. If you ask them in a sensible and civil manner you get a civilized and often helpful response. It's clear the OP's intentions were mostly to ruffle feathers and insult the devs and not so much to find answers. You can't help those who don't want to be helped, but you can let them know when they're being a knob.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Alice Margatroid

Alice Margatroid Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +56 / 0 / -0
    Well, lets be honest here, the person here was trying to provide criticism. most of us would have no problem with him. lets also be honest in that this person is clearly not trying to provide critism and instead is trying to cause problems. which is why I stated, "if I was feeling cynical" of course, when I posted that, that person clearly had not gone from the, "It might be a language problem" to the "clearly troll" section. of course, I am also more used to places where people are total jerks to each other and people get egos the size of political parties.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    I agree with the OP, S3 only discuss content, and seem to refuse to discuss many issues raised by players in this forum, unless it's a major flaw. Ive read posted comments that would warrant a dev members attention, but they seem to totally ignore comments they disagree with or don't want to hear, or leave it to Beta testers to deal with, and shirk their responsibility to their community, it's not the beta testers job to answer questions as well as test for bugs etc.

And please don't go prattling on about how S3 is a small dev team, Kunos is far smaller than S3 and they use FB etc to discuss not only content but bugs etc as well, ISI are in a similar boat, both ISI & Kunos are far more talkative on all aspects of their titles than S3, on both social media and their respective forums, IMO S3 are the worst for communicating to their user base, unless their promoting content of course, it's all about the content.

One example is the Setup exploit, it's been a thing for a few weeks now, even has it's own thread but has S3 posted any info on this issue, no, not a word, not even a "We're aware of the issue and are investigating it, will keep you all informed"
    It's a major problem when your Physics are flawed across several classes of car and you say jack to the community about it, even though it's a big issue. Sure it's there Forum their game and their decision to say very little about game/code issues etc, but it will come back to bite them at some point.

Humans don't like being ignored or treated like mushrooms.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. le_poilu

le_poilu Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Honestly, the communication from kunos is an absolute mess!

Their official board is nothing like this one (they almost never respond in it), and on the social network we saw response like "if you don't like it don't play it" from the main dev!

Now their communication is more about adding content and the dev of the console version.
    Last "non content" words we had from tweeter was "coding the downshift limiter!"
    Youhou!! Great! Fantastic!

And about the supposed setup exploit : sorry but in the general opinion there's nothing like an exploit here. Nothing to lost time in unless someone came with very solid proof.. Something that didn't happened in the topic. So I don't see the dev loosing time on something that does not seem to exist at all.

17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I'm sorry, am I the only one having actually read those interviews that have been published within the past two months?
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-1.114420/
    http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/sector-3-studios-exclusive-interview-part-2.114425/
    http://nasportscar.com/behind-the-scenes-of-sim-racing-development/
    I know, lotta words and stuff, but there's so much in there, also about new features (especially RD part 1).

Not that it really matters, but they also say they are working with 23 people (including consultants), Kunos is 30+?

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  18. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

MMMM again you seem to be talking from down under ....

we as beta testers , are guys who play the game , the devs are working on the game and are actively in the forums ..; they may not answer everything but see most of it .. now for a bug to get fixed it needs as much info as possible ; so we tend to add it to our lists , retest it , pass it to another tester who has the closest hardware as possible ... now a lot of bugs dont come with full logs etc , so we retest confirm , post the original users report and any logs they have and we have .. to maximise the chances of it getting fixed

Beta tester isnt a job , its a choice .. its like social politics , if you want to change the world you live in real or virtual you have to take part in that world and be active ... We choose to help S3; we choose to respond to the community and help

From my part , i choose not to except the yappy dogs , growling and barking from the sidelines ..

So i will continue to track users bugs , test them, log them and hopefully help ; but if people talk us or the people i know down , this including the devs then im likely to bite back ..

you have no idea how it works but you assume and yap

my suggestion

change your budgy smugglers as they are cutting of the circulation and making you grumpy

fluff and stuff

Andi

Last edited: Jan 26, 2016
  19. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +460 / 0 / -0
    Maybe it would be a good idea to gather all interviews, streams and stuff like that in an own thread?
    Always there , easy to find and refer to.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Stefan Mizzi

Stefan Mizzi Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +625 / 0 / -0

Andi, sometimes I truly wonder where you get your answers from.... :eek: I honestly find them confusing and insulting sometimes.

Now lets get to the facts. One of the main points here is that we do not get any feedback at all most times...here is the proof...

Jim seems to be more interested
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...-driver-in-timing-screen-and-shared-api.3726/

Nada
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/games-pauses-while-loosing-focus.2497/

No feedback
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/api-to-list-online-game-servers.1730/#post-17981

A very know issues, so I kinda accept that no replay was given. A very serious bug still there today
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/in...second-when-someone-joins-mp.3572/#post-42733

Totally ignored. At least Jim again took some interest
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/multiplayer-server-list.3530/

Maybe thread was tooooo long and they couldn't be fucked reading to let me know if it will be possible in future or not. Understandable
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/smart-match-maker.3865/#post-47431

Reported a couple of issues with the Shared API and requested a few things since a month and a half ago. I do NOT expect that they do them, just "ok dude, we will add it....or sorry that wont be added"
    https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/shared-memory-api.1525/page-11#post-44106

I can find you more if you want...I have genuine interest in making online gaming experience a better one and love this game, its tops No 1 to me.

So, see, Silence, no feedback. I do not care about news about Nords, or some cryptic interview about the game. I would like simple questions answered. But anways, I'm out..who am I talking to.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1