Problem Moza racing r9 base

Discussion in 'Community Support' started by Robert77, Aug 21, 2022.

1. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Didn't want to start a new topic. I have a Moza R12 and the steering wheel is not visible in the game. I can assign keys, directions, but it appears in the game as a keyboard. Someone has some ideas

upload_2023-8-29_20-32-56.png

And after entering the menu during the race, I lose the entire FFB

I found a solution. For R12 owners. I used the file "MozaR9.rcs" which is in the steamapps/common/raceroom racing experiance/game/gamedata folder. Just replace this line DeviceId[00]="(144494, -1, -1, 0)" with DeviceId [00]="(406638, -1, -1, 0)" and change all MOZA R9 Base entries to MOZA R12 Base. The file can be saved as MozaR9.rcs. Now the game will detect your Moza R12

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2023
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    1) A quick workaround for that: bind a button for "Reset FFB", that will bring your FFB back once it's gone.
    2) A proper fix. Open this file: Steam\steamapps\common\raceroom racing experience\Game\GameData\General\steering_wheels.xml with any text editor, scroll down and between "</value>" and "</SteeringWheels>"add these lines:
    <key type="uint32">406638</key> <!-- MOZA R12 Base -->
    <value>
    <vendorSpecificRangeLock type="bool">true</vendorSpecificRangeLock>
    <minWheelRange type="uint32">90</minWheelRange>
    <maxWheelRange type="uint32">1080</maxWheelRange>
    <alwaysCreateEffects type="bool">true</alwaysCreateEffects>
    <supportsSpringEffect type="bool">true</supportsSpringEffect>
    <supportsDamperEffect type="bool">true</supportsDamperEffect>
    </value>

With all set this way, you'll have to change steering range (maximum steering angle) manually in Moza Pithouse. There's an alternative to that: steering range will be changed automatically, but, because of a bug, default steering lock values for all cars will be 13 degrees so you will need to change it manually (because 13 degrees is almost always too low). If you prefer that, change "vendorSpecificRangeLock" from "true" to "false". Other required settings should be already set correctly since you edited R9 profile to work for your R12. In Pithouse, set steering range to 900 degrees. Or you can find more details here: https://forum.kw-studios.com/index.php?threads/moza-racing-r9-base.18519/page-2#post-240674

Last edited: Aug 30, 2023
  3. Piotrek Blaszczak

Piotrek Blaszczak New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Maskerader Thanks for the answer. You don't have to add anything. What I did above also fixes the problem of losing the FFB when entering the menu while playing

4. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    That shouldn't fix it because the fix is setting "alwaysCreateEffects" to "true". Do you maybe use some effects in "Immersion settings" section in FFB settings? That can also help with the issue of losing FFB, but it's not a proper fix.

5. sherpa25

sherpa25 Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You guys can recommend one for the CS wheel buttons that's open at the top? I got the OMP similar to the one nolive721 has but I find the top too high and covers the HUD, and surmise the open top should be good.

6. Maskerader

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Aged like milk :D
    This one wouldn't fit on CS because the bottom part would interfere with the bottom part of the CS button plate.