New graphic engine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iHeartPorsche, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    @David
    Oh, my apologies. No and no. Like I said, my old PC recieved a virus and... Yeah we all know what happens after that XD

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    So in other words, you come to this forum and constantly saying other sims doing a better job in certain departments and telling us and the devs how the game could improve and now you telling us you don't even own a pc for the last year and a half ?
    OMG, i really admire you for having the guts to do this :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    No they are not.

No they are not. The reason people disagree with you is simply that they believe you are wrong in your assessment of the current situation.

Agreed. ;) :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Name one PC sim that isn't ugly. Go!

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Indeed.
    But there is also a difference between arguing rationally and labelling/insulting people with crass generalisations like
    If you keep stirring the shit, don't complain about the stank.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    Last edited: May 1, 2018
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

2nd beer

Andi

• Funny Funny x 3
  7. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I'll do better than that, I'll show you.
    Georg made this video three years ago with a video camera pointing at the screen over his shoulder. Hardly what you'd call ideal conditions.
    Just watch the video and read some of the comments.

• Like Like x 2
  8. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    A year and a half ago, life got in the way of sim racing for me, I started again about 3 weeks back. Raceroom, while still looking and feeling about the same, does feel better. The important thing for me is the handling of the cars, raceroom does a good job here, than add in sound, ffb, enough eye candy to keep you in the race. The sim is a no Brainer for someone serious about sim racing. All the current hard core sims have their plusses and minuses, some may prefer iracing, ac, project cars or rfactor for their own reasons, in the end it's how you feel about the sim. I have all except iracing right now... enjoy, they all do what they claim:D:)

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. OlivierMDVY

OlivierMDVY Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    How small the team is: this sentence afraid me.
    Too small to add new features into our favorite racing sim but just add new tracks and cars?

I hope we will see new features this year?

10. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Yes, because they didn't add any features in the past :rolleyes:

11. fireballr18

fireballr18 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Graphic in sim-racing games is not the most important feature. But I agree, the better the graphics the more attractive the game could be, also in terms of racing atmosphere. This is something where e.g. PCars2 do an excellent job combining with a very good framerate.

I have and drive more or less every current sim-racing game on the market. Of these three expamles (AC, rFactor2, R3E) rFactor is the last game I would argue it is over raceroom. This is simply not the case. Silverstone and the new GT3 cars looks not bad, but there are different tracks and cars which are not on the same level. As mentioned in some of the answers , it's just not consistent in this regard and lacks a lot in framerate, especially when it cames to rain. So...the support of dx11 for Raceroom would be nice - of course - but the basis we see right now is proper.

(to avoid misunderstandings: I like rFactor2 very much and enjoy the ongoing development and contents which are coming. Same for raceroom.)

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Damn! How have I missed this thread :rolleyes: so much ammo and too late to throw it, Jeez, should have gone to Specsavers, wouldn't hurt for iluvflatsex to do the same, perhaps on his way to the clinic to get that nasty virus sorted, staright in below the belt, BOOM! :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. dentalfloss

dentalfloss Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    OP is an obvious troll. Why feed him?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Vegaguy

Vegaguy Active Member

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0
    The graphics are bad? I guess I was too busy driving RR's great physics to notice? I think their speed sensation is the best I've experienced anywhere!

Didn't know about the graphics update though. I noticed that news broke over a year ago. I imagine that's going to take a few years to do? How are they making out?
    I would think they are going to need to get paid for this massive update some how? Is it going to be a paid DLC or something?

• Like Like x 1
  15. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Because you don't agree with my opinion about the graphics being bad, does not make me a troll. Thank you for being one of the many peoppe among this thread to prove my point regarding it's toxic behaviour though ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
  16. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    But the graphics aren't bad ... Actually you can't "see" the main problem with the graphics. Its the fact that i runs on DX9 and a very dated engine. Though I think raceroom looks fine, the challenges it has to face go way deeper than, oh derp it looks like crap omg y no tyre flex burp no dynamic track bumb wtf lol y no 50 gt3 cars lol s3 bad.
    Its known that there is work being done to progress in the direction of UE4. This is not done from one day to the other and is completely out of anyone's hands but the developers. Now lets please complain about not having singleplayer multiclass and no rollings starts on multiplayer can we? Thank you.

Last edited: May 2, 2018
  17. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    With your kind of "talent", have you ever considered opening a sim racing blog?

• Winner Winner x 4
  18. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    I wasn't going to say anything here because I try not to talk unless I have something good to say. But I gotta say something.
    iHeartPorsche I went and checked most of your posts. And quite honestly, I don't know why your here. According to you, pretty much every sim is better than this one. I didn't see one thing you said that led me to believe that you like anything. Pretty much everything you say has a negative spin on it. If anyone disagrees with you, you get defensive. You speak as if yours is the final word and all others are immature and stupid. I tried to look at your profile and it is totally hidden. Why don't you want anybody to know anything about you?
    Anyway, you could do with saying something nice from time to time. Through out a couple of compliments every now and then. If all you do is complain, (and that's how you are coming across regardless of what you think) then that's what you will get in back return.
    And just for the record, I take no pleasure in posting this to your thread.
    I have a sneaking hunch that this forum isn't the first place you've had this kind of thing happen.
    You need a gratitude adjustment. And maybe a healthy dose of self love.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  19. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    @GregoryLeo Since you clearly don't have a care in the world for personal safety, may I ask how old you are? Most people who have (some) experience with the real world know you should never leave any personal information to be easily accessible to anyone on the internet, especially ones you don't know. This is a public thread where anyone in the world can make an account and look at where you're from, what your first/last name is, and just from that a LOT can go wrong.

So I would rather be safe and not let anyone on this forum know my identity. I like to (go by) "Brandon." Lets just say that ;)

If you genuinely did read my posts on this forum, you would know I've stated multiple times that I (DO NOT) hate Raceroom. Im soooo tired of repeating this, people need to learn how to comprehend what I'm saying.

I state that the sim can use improvements, and that it is (NOT) a bad sim. It's just that like every other sim, it needs work and I'm just pointing out some things the game clearly needs.

In my opinion, RaceRoom Racing Experience is not a good looking game. A good looking sim, but a bad looking game. I think Driveclub is the most realistic and true-to-life looking game. It's lighting is superior, and since you all presumably own PC's, I don't expect you to know what it looks like anyway. I also believe Gran Turismo Sport is a much better (more realistic) looking game. And Forza, and assetto corsa, and iRacing, etc. That's just graphics though which don't mean much to me. I do think they're worth topic of discussion though.

Everything besides graphics, RaceRoom wins every time (in my opinion) - especially sounds ;)

• Dislike Dislike x 3
  20. DonArturo

DonArturo Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    If this is happening multiple times, maybe it´s you who has to adjust how you say things...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.