New graphic engine?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by iHeartPorsche, Apr 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    At least *try* not to be a dick

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 4
  2. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    @iHeartPorsche I think it's time for you to take a step back and take a break for a while and come back when you grow up.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    I like the game too, but apparently suggesting ideas and ways to make it better and pointing out flaws is disgraceful in this community. Love everything regarding RaceRoom, but the community is just awful. This is horrible. A simple, infomative response is all I ask for, instead I get 10 angry "men" wetting themselves.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  4. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    I just love this guys sugestions.
    iHeartPorsche - Hey ! Why dont you make the game better ?
    S3 - OH THANKS !! NEVER THOUGH OF THAT !
    iHeartPorsche - OH ! And add more cars and tracks to this racing game.
    S3 -OH WOW GONNA DO THAT NOW TOO !

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    My question is:
    What if you would tell the Assetto/rFactor/Pcars devs to make the graphics better?
    They would tell you: Wait for AC2, RF3, PCars3 or something like that.

Be happy that the R3E Devs are taking so much new things to us the last years. They're not telling you to buy a new game.

And, to be on topic again: You say, the graphics aren't good compared to AC and rFactor2. My opinion is, that Raceroom is the only race Simulation, where I can feel, that I'm in a race between some others, with some living at the side of the tracks.

It's all about a feeling, not only looking.

I really like to drive the ADAC GT Masters, seeing their rules, their cars, their liveries, their namen AND their track advertising. Or the DTM with all that. It looks different. You feel that you are a part of GT Masters or DTM. Could you tell me, where to have this in another simulation?
    Assetto Corsa is like throwing a dice. Put some cars here, some cars there, a dead track, no real driver names a.s.o.

Please: drive a few laps 24h Nordschleife with 40 AI cars in GT Class, start from the middle of the grid with a good AI (105% perhaps or more, not too less) and tell me, what you feel there. Nothing, what you can get in another simulation.

• Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0

sometimes when the majority of people find your prose and style just a bit like "wwho is this arsehole" instead of blaming them for there opinion maybe have a good look at yourself , with your ego in another ZIP code and you may come to realise that there opinions may be the truth ......

what im trying to say , is your welcome to make suggestions , but you go about it in such a retarded and arrogant way that there is no wonder to me that people treat you like an utter cockwomble ... so maybe suck it up and rephrase how you write stuff and get that huge pillar out of your butt so that you are back on ground level ..

yep i know im rude , but i dont suffer arrogant fools gladly ...

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    that's pretty much a big misconception of yours about this forum and community here.

And sorry to say that but if everywhere you go with your "attitude" you make trouble.. maybe time to think about it... maybe you or your attitude towards us/the devs/the game is the problem. In germany we say "der Ton macht die Musik". I don't know how to translate it (the tone makes the music :D ) but it basically says that you should wrap your message into some nicer words.. which is something you constantly fail to do.

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  8. Oreos

Oreos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Literally this. Just look at PCars 2, that still has all the flaws of PCars 1. Here at Sector 3 we also listen to any bugs and a lot of testers do report them into our tracker for the devs to look at. A lot more goes on behind the scenes than you realise.

If you talk shit about Assetto Corsa you get banned from that platform. I questioned DLC prices once and got banned from their Facebook page. Numerous people have been banned from their forums as well. You talk shit about Project Cars they shut down your blog and then put you on their pay roll :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    @iHeartPorsche it's not like that everybody here is completely satisfied, but we are some time longer here than you and we all gave our critical feedback about certain points and many of those ideas and suggestions were realised at some point. For us all the things you say are already said for us. And we know they're working on it already.
    That everything is not your fault. And it's not the fault what you (try to) say, but HOW you do it.

You cannot come here and say "this is shit. that is shit. you are shit. gfx is shit" without expecting some repercussion. Dude, seriously.

This will just be another thread of yours that will be closed. And I saw like 1 closed thread in my two years here. You're setting a record.

• Like Like x 1
  10. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Please, link me to (any) thread/forum/page/website/social media, anywhere where I have stated "these things ______ in Raceroom are sh*t"... Go ahead, I'll wait. There's a difference between explaining why something in the game needs work and just saying something's complete "sh*t."

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
  11. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Ok then, let's start again, a nice fresh clean slate...

So @iHeartPorsche :
    Let's start a brand new discussion, no past grudges etc.
    Can you just answer me these questions, truthfully:

What is your current favourite sim, and why?

Do you race using R3E at all? if so how much?

What five things do you think need fixed/improved in R3E (and prioritse them, 1=most important, 5=lowest priority)?

All I'm trying get is us back topic with some points made fairly, so we can all have a pleasant discussion/debate.

I don't want to act like a mod, I'm not, and I'm not claiming to be, but the last posts have turned to complete shite very quickly.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Gotta agree on RF2 vs R3E graphics disbelief. Maybe i didnt spend the requisite 2 weeks tuning the graphics setting or something but theres no way RF2 looked near as good as R3E. R3E is adequate with graphics, did not feel the same about rf2.That said the driving experience impressed me once i got used to it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    1. Favourite SIM - Assetto Corsa (Why)\/
    - Large variety of cars
    - Physics
    - Excellent sound design
    - Excellent optimization
    2. I've raced using R3E on my old PC about a year ago (owned for about 9 months, played between 500-600hrs if I remember correctly). My PC then received a virus and am now still waiting to acquire another one with R3E as my first sim (again)
    3. Things I would improve/fix/add?
    /- Add - Bigger car roster among the more popular racing categories.
    /- Add - Weather, day/night cycle
    /- Fix - Multiplayer. Last time I was on R3E multiplayer, it wasn't the most authemtic experience. Rules were very strict, players were clueless, felt like what GT Sport and Forza 7 are today.
    /- Add - Tyre flat spotting
    /- Add - A more accurate representation of G-force effects on screen (Like what Project CARS 2 and iRacing have)

Thank you for being one of the few civilized human beings left in this forum.

14. richlevy2003

richlevy2003 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +87 / 0 / -0
    How many real races have you been too? In real life you deal with what the weather is. Good and bad, it's the way it is.
    I used to beta test for a 3d software company back some years, it is not a glamorous job, but I did get to see the direction that the company was aiming the product and test lots of cool features... point, one of the users in the forums was a real pain in the tail, he always found problems and features that were not to his spec. He entered into the beta program kinda mean to everyone, very rude. He was very open about his wishes and his disdain for the beta testers and the software developers, it took him some months to Seattle down, by than most of the developers did not like him, and many of the other testers would not work with him... chose your words wisely, treat everyone respectfully, life is so much easier that way

15. Exiled Scotsman

Exiled Scotsman Active Member

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, that's your opinion.

There are a few things I would disagree with, but that's the good thing about there being multiple titles.

BUT, and it's a big one, for the love of all things holy, don't reply with

otherwise that's ruined my efforts lol

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  16. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    May I ask, if you've played Raceroom for roughly 600hrs in the past which is quit alot of seat time.
    Why did you ask a question like this last week?
    One would think you would probably know the answer with that much in game time?

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/tyre-model.10674/

"Is tyre wear (spots, flex) simulated inRaceRoom Racing Experience? I'm soon getting a PC and would like to be 100%sure of what I'm getting into when installing this sim :) thanks!"

In both responses you comment on not having a pc and the second one suggests you haven't played the game before or you wouldn't be asking questions about what your getting into.

So I ask, do you have a pc and are you currently even playing the game?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    4 real world races, 3 of which took place either near/in the pits. Most recently however I attended the St. Pete Pirelli World Challenge in Florida, U.S.

18. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    4 real world races, 3 of which took place either near/in the pits. Most recently however I attended the St. Pete Pirelli World Challenge in Florida, U.S.

19. iHeartPorsche

iHeartPorsche Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    @David Slute I ask that question wondering what I'm getting into once I install the sim for the second time since I know it's basically an entirely new game, a year and a half later. I assume it's a lot different than what it was over a year ago. It's like going from Project CARS 1 to 2. With regards to asking about flat spotting, I wasn't interested in in-depth physics back in the day as I am now. When I attended my first GT race, I grew much more fond of the racing scene and was very meticulous about everything. From sounds, physics, etc.

20. David Slute

David Slute Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +81 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, but you didn't answer my last question.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.