Problem, please help

Discussion in 'Knowledge Base' started by Happyracer, Apr 5, 2023.

1. Happyracer

Happyracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    So last night and every night prior RRE ran fine in VR or on desktop, today I installed my new Heusinkvield sprints and now when I go into the game, I click on Single event, I try to click on race but it’s greyed out for a few seconds. Then when I can click on it I click race but it goes to load the track and car then immediately goes back to main menu. I have checked everything to make sure there are no hardware conflicts from my old pedals but everything looks good. I have tried unplugging the new pedals to see if it will go into race but that didn’t help either. So I uninstalled the game from Steam, cleaned out all Sim Bin files and folders then reinstalled the game. I then had to enter my controls profile which was all fine and dandy, launched race and it goes back to main menu again. I never had this issue until today, the game ran flawlessly prior to changing pedals and I can’t see why doing only that would cause this issue. It literally just loads up in 64 mode comes on the VR hmd, I click on single event, then race it goes to load up then after a short time loading it goes back to the main menu, I am baffled
    PC specs
    Intel I7-4790k
    RTX 2070
    32 gigs ram
    Vr- Hp Reverb G2

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    its nothing on your side, some issues after update, devs are aware and will fix asap

3. Happyracer

Happyracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    They must have fixed it cause it’s working again after a reinstall for the second time, thx for your response

4. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0 / -0
    Make sure you do a Steam Verification check, then it should be ok.

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Not necessary. Steam verification was for a different problem.

6. Happyracer

Happyracer New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Thanks gents, seems after a second wipe of folders and another reinstall it worked great, actually better than the previous install before it went wrong. Load times were stupid slow, now it seems to load faster than some other well known sims which is a plus.

7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I doubt it was necessary. Loading times were slow for everyone since the previous update. Some changes were made in, or after, the current update.

At the time you created this topic I had the same issue. Half an hour later the issue was gone but menus were still slow. Some time later they were fine again. I did nothing, it was all on the server side.

8. Nauseumster

Nauseumster Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    its always been slow and now even slower now for me. its one of the reasons this game gets very little playtime from me, just the thought of waiting for it to load makes me select something else in my steam library.
    (i9/Nv3080ti/64gb/nvme)