Raceroom make a mod function

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kilian1234567892, Apr 7, 2018.

1. MAD MICK

MAD MICK Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    No i don't think so because they are made by the same developers so will have pretty much the same quality as the rest of the content whereas some mods can be hit and miss

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    As Andi already pointed out it won't happen anyway, R3E is a free to play game.
    I'm just impressed by how a suggestion can receive 20 "disagree" and 2 "dislike" more or less without discussion.

If we seriously feard fragmentation of the playerbase we should not wish for more content. But we do, there is tons of wishes.

3. Eddie Ellis

Eddie Ellis Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    We don't need more mods and content mis-matches. We just need the guys running the servers to use some different car /track combinations that we haven't seen in a while.
    When was the last time you saw an FRX17 at Spa or an FR2 at Sepang? I have only seen one server with the FRX17 at Sepang and that was around Christmas. Now that I think of it, I don't think I have seen a P1 or P2 in several months. A P1 at Raceroom Raceway bridge in armature mode doesn't count.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    How are they mods? The team made them with a goal in mind, they made it. I don't see why you'd call it a mod lol.

It's always the same 3 tracks with the same 3 car types. I don't play multiplayer at all for this exact reason.

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    i rarely go on mp due to time , but you are talking from the wrong orifice.....

Andi

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    Let's be honest here... We all know why no one plays open lobbies :rolleyes:

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. tothrauldaniel

tothrauldaniel Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    Edit: Changed my mind. Mod support always trumps no mod support. End of story.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  8. n01sname

n01sname Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +956 / 0 / -0
    Guess one main reason for "Modding" nobody dares to admit is, that they want to have stuff for free incl. a chance to ripp off content somewhere else, hippocrites :D

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    The only populated mp sessions. I don't count the 4-hour practice hotlap servers at the Nurburgring as a good lobby since it's just hotlapping. For real race servers there isn't a lot to choose from. I have never seen a Formula server or classic-car server, only GTR3/DTM that's well-populated.. I joined a league to race MP which was amazing and great, but I sadly can't make 90% of the races due to the time they race, else i'd love to do that more.. Random public lobbies just aren't (usually) good in this game, sadly.

I prefer the AI most of the time anyway unless I can make a league race, since the AI is lovely in this game.

10. Xon3

Xon3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +171 / 0 / -0
    In no game to be fair. Even in iracing unofficial races are super chaotic, no cleaner than any public race in raceroom.

11. .OG Isaac

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Didn't really mean the cleanliness of the racing, more like the track and car variations. Public lobby racing will always be messy ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    Or maybe "stuff" which not are released by the developer as for example the two most wanted tracks in this forum, Le Mans (circuit de la Sarthe) and
    Sebring.

Both are available as mods in AC.

13. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    Why do we even have this discussion? Mods will never happen in this business model. The game is free it's not a product. The product is additional content, if they give a way for people to create their own content they'll go bancrupt in a year.
    It's different with other games where the game it self is a product and a main way of generating income. Then allowing modding is a free way to boost sales and prolong lifespan of the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Apr 12, 2018
  14. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Case in point: rFactor2 - I gave up trying to join any multiplayer games as I was always missing some pack or another that shut me out. So it collects digital dust in my library.

Mod free has its benefits for sure!

• Like Like x 1
  15. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    More than happy to pay for DLC from the developer. As good as some of the Mods have been for rF2 and others, many are a waste of time. From here on in I am avoiding the experiment of mods from third parties until which time developers give a rating, or approval process.