Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. shadowpuck

shadowpuck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    with SM running on my main rig PC and with the UI paused it looks like the reports worked just fine for tonight's online race.

2. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

can the Nordschleife already be represented as a map in ACC?

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Cool, thanks for the test. So it is indeed issue with the remote functionality.

Should be, all it should take is complete a full valid lap. Just that 60+ grids force the app to always use the timing circle, becasue only 59 cars have filled world position in ACC data (acc shared memory limitation).

4. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  5. Jeroentje.nl

Jeroentje.nl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone here tried to use this telemetry software in real life racing?

6. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,
    I have a fundamental question about the software. I don't know if you can help me there, but you certainly have more idea than me. So, I like to use Second Monitor, it runs on a 2 screen with some ads, among other things, the map. It all works very well. Well, when I use another software to display an overlay hud in ACC ACC Drive for example), run on the mainscreen on the ACC, start to jerk both on the other screen and ACC. Can't you control two programs side by side with the ACC data? Is there a solution for this? I would like to use both together?
    Thanks in advance.

CR

7. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to use two applications at same time with ACC.
    If the data look correct on both apps, and it's just that the app or game stutters, then there is some either some performance bottleneck, or some windows scheduling issue.

Map driver animation in SM was one of the thing that had occasionally caused stuttering for me, but the recent version improved the performance there. You can try to disable it in the options, and see if the situation improves.

8. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    CPU oder GPU?

CPU is a Ryzen 7 7800 X3D and GPU an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT. I don't really believe in it.
    What means "windows scheduling issue"?

CR