Telemetry SecondMonitor (Timing & status App)

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Winzarten, Oct 26, 2017.

1. shadowpuck

shadowpuck New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    with SM running on my main rig PC and with the UI paused it looks like the reports worked just fine for tonight's online race.

2. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,

can the Nordschleife already be represented as a map in ACC?

3. Winzarten

Winzarten Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    Cool, thanks for the test. So it is indeed issue with the remote functionality.

Should be, all it should take is complete a full valid lap. Just that 60+ grids force the app to always use the timing circle, becasue only 59 cars have filled world position in ACC data (acc shared memory limitation).

4. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  5. Jeroentje.nl

Jeroentje.nl New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Anyone here tried to use this telemetry software in real life racing?

6. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,
    I have a fundamental question about the software. I don't know if you can help me there, but you certainly have more idea than me. So, I like to use Second Monitor, it runs on a 2 screen with some ads, among other things, the map. It all works very well. Well, when I use another software to display an overlay hud in ACC ACC Drive for example), run on the mainscreen on the ACC, start to jerk both on the other screen and ACC. Can't you control two programs side by side with the ACC data? Is there a solution for this? I would like to use both together?
    Thanks in advance.

CR

7. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    You should be able to use two applications at same time with ACC.
    If the data look correct on both apps, and it's just that the app or game stutters, then there is some either some performance bottleneck, or some windows scheduling issue.

Map driver animation in SM was one of the thing that had occasionally caused stuttering for me, but the recent version improved the performance there. You can try to disable it in the options, and see if the situation improves.

8. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    CPU oder GPU?

CPU is a Ryzen 7 7800 X3D and GPU an AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT. I don't really believe in it.
    What means "windows scheduling issue"?

CR

9. Winzarten

Ratings:
    +377 / 0 / -0
    For that system I also don't believe anything is a bottleneck. My app should be mostly cpu bound, as purposely I don't use any GPU acceleration. There is no way a 7800 X3D would be bottlenecking, as my 5800x isn't...and even my old 6600k could handle running the app with sims.

Windows scheduling is widnows deciding when to refresh each window. All windows, even fullscreen, are in fact 'borderless' windows, so windows has the final word when the refresh takes place. In some situations, with multiple accelerated apps, on multiple monitors, with different refresh rates, there can be some frame pacing issues. Tbh, I don't understand the nuances of how window manages windows, and what is the relation with display drivers there...Thats way beyond my league.

10. Cologne Racer

Cologne Racer New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Hi Winzarten,
    that could be the problem, I have ACC and ACC Drive (overlay) on a 144 Hz monitor and SM on a 60 Hz monitor. SM alone on the 60 Hz monitor and ACC on the main monitor (144 Hz) run without problems. When the overlay from ACC Drive is added, it starts to jerk ...

11. Ridcullie

Ridcullie New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Hello Winzarten,

at First,, thank you for this great App! it provides more than i need and it is very usefull for us ( i am racing offline with a friend 6-12h races). There is only one issue. The fuelusage during Race isn't shown. All values are 0. In practise and Qualifying it is shown correctly. We are racing with rf2. Is there something in the options we are not right?
    Thank you for Help and your Work with that App!
    Greetings André

PS. We use Server-Client connected via Ethernet

12. Rob Fitness

Rob Fitness New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Hey, I have just done a new PC build and i cannot get it to run ACC. I see that it connects for about 15 secs then disconnects.
    can anyone offer some advice please? i had it going on previous system.
    I have copied the code for the broadcasting code to the json. which is default and matches the settings in the app.
    I have another friend having the same issue.
    running on W11
    running as administrator
    :( love this app please help get it going properly again. thanks
    EDIT: also, i remember the dots on the map being smoother too, is there a setting for that?

thanks

Attached Files:

• log.txt
      File size:
      96.9 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024 at 1:43 PM