Released Silverstone

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 23, 2016.

1. BrianBosch

BrianBosch Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +129 / 0 / -0
    So did I. Try the Gr5 Zakspeed Capri around Silverstone. That is so much fun!
    The reason I voted also for R3E is not only because of the Silverstone track. It's the full package for me but actually then I'm going off topic....VR and NLR motion v3 is the best with R3E and that also goes for Silverstone.

2. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    • Funny Funny x 3
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2018
  3. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Congratulations, this is unofficially the dumbest thing you have ever said on this forum.

"Pole Position was the first motor-racing game based on a real world circuit ... all others are just copies!"

:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    Are you sure? I don't know if it's meant serious or if he is just joking.
    Real Motorsport

5. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Well I got an f1 Sim inside a packet of Frosties back in the 90's, so perhaps everyone's been riding on the back of Tony the Tiger!

6. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Are you kidding me? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pole_Position … We talk about the best digital Silverstone version, not about the first racing game with all real circuits. Maybe AC has a good graphic, but iRacing was the first sim with the most accurate tracks which you could ever drive since the development of sim racing.

Oh, do you like the globalization? Welcome the money world order. If a racing series is called "German", "British", "Swedish" or ... then they should stay in their country. Otherwise they should rename their series name to "International" … that's my opinion.

7. 2Lame2Aime

2Lame2Aime Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0
    At first I like people who think before they write :D
    "Pole Position was the first motor-racing game based on a real world circuit ... all others are just copies!"
    He just copied your logic and put it into this exaggerated statement to show everyone how silly your post was.

About the "DTM thing"... DTM stands for Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters not Meisterschaft. Read the Wiki about the difference;)
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/DTM

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    Too funny.
    One time you say "laserscan or die" and now it's all just copies from iRacing.

And by the way, it's called "Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters" and not Meisterschaft nowadays.

And wow... Five non-German tracks in the DTM schedule is really dangerous. This interracial racing must not threaten our national racing series.

Better we also only allow German drivers in the DTM.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Most people there vote on their favourite game, you can see it because AC has so much votes.. lmao.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I like the R3E version, best trackside atmosphere. That said iRacings laserscan is of an older layout isn't it? So that's probably why ACs laser scanned version is blowing it out of the water.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    This German's sophisticated analysis shows that some people in here try to be funny.

12. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Trackside atmosphere is one of the biggest points for R3E. No track in AC or iR gets this so close.
    When I drive Nords in VR in 24h layout, I think I can smell the Bratwurst imediately.

No kidding.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    Just saying, but "DTM" is not being used as an abbreviation anymore these days because it's neither "Deutsch" nor using "Tourenwagen".

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    Thats right,
    DTM isn't German Touringcar Championship. D doesn't mean Deutsche, T doesn't mean Tourenwagen, M doesn't mean Meisterschaft.
    Until 2005 it means Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters, since 2005 DTM is a Brand name.