Released The Drivers Pack - 4 Cars. 1 Track. Maximum Joy.

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 14, 2022.

1. KW Studios

KW Studios Official Information Developer

Ratings:
    +1,503 / 0 / -0

The Drivers Pack is now available on the in-game store!

Including 4 cars and 1 track:
    • Circuit de Charade
    • Mazda MX-5
    • Praga R1
    • Crosslé 90F
    • Crosslé 9S

The Drivers Pack is the ultimate addition to your RaceRoom experience. With four incredible cars and one iconic track, this pack offers a thrilling driving experience that is sure to satisfy even the most demanding racers.

[​IMG]

The pack includes the Mazda MX-5 Cup, a high-performance race car designed for competition in the Mazda MX-5 Cup racing series.

[​IMG]

The Praga R1, a cutting-edge race car known for its exceptional handling and performance on the track.

[​IMG]

The Crosslé 90F, a single-seater racing car renowned for its agility and speed.

[​IMG]

And the Crosslé 9S, a classic sports racer with a modern twist.

[​IMG]

In addition to these incredible cars, the pack also includes the Circuit de Charade, a challenging and exciting racetrack located in the Auvergne region of central France. With its fast, sweeping turns and steep elevation changes, the Circuit de Charade offers a true test of a driver's skill and courage.

[​IMG]

Whether you're a seasoned pro or a beginner looking to push your limits, the Drivers Pack is sure to provide an unforgettable driving experience. Don't miss out on this exciting pack – get your hands on the Drivers Pack for RaceRoom today!

• Like Like x 7
    • Love it! Love it! x 7
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 2
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 14, 2022
  2. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    Are there patchnotes for this update?

3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    [h3]Update details:[/h3]

Download size = 7.6 GB

Client version = 0.9.4.60

Client BuildID = 10144558

Dedi version = 88.0.1397

Dedi BuildID = 10144467

[h2]Changelog:[/h2]

Sound improvements:

Drivetrain oscillations:

• The new drivetrain oscillations system is now implemented on most cars (all except GT3 and TCR due to ongoing E-Sport competitions).

As a reminder, the new drivetrain oscillations are generated by the physics which provides much more natural, dynamic and random oscillations when shifting and throttling. The track surface is also triggering oscillations (bumps, curbs, surface changes, etc.).

In the old system, the oscillations were embedded in the engine sounds so they were not dynamic.

Backfires and external gearshifts sounds:

• Added new short backfires samples to increase the randomization.
    • Added new gearshift backfires samples, intended to play simultaneously with the normal gearshifts sounds and in combination with the new Fall Off Distances settings. It provides more organic, complex and random external gearshifts.
    • Backfires sequences adjusted to increase the randomization of the new external backfire samples.
    • The connection between engine revs and backfires amount/volume has been improved, which provides the player a more interactive experience.

Sound volume based on distances:

• Doubled audible distance for external engine, backfires, gearshifts and antilag.
    • Increased distant volume for external engine, backfires, gearshifts and antilag.
    • Improved reverb on external gearshifts and backfires.
    • The cars are now audible and slightly louder from a much longer distance. While this adjustment was kept conservative (due to some audio distortion issues with many cars on track), the improvement is clearly audible in the way the engine, backfires and gearshifts are triggering the reverb effects, making it more “enveloping”, spacious and natural.

It’s also a delight to hear the cars volume decrease slowly in distance and being audible until 4 kms or more, compared to the previous quick volume drop.

This is mostly intended for TV cams and freecam users.
    • Improved chasecam balance (engine/backfires/gearshifts/antilag).

Graphical improvements:

• Improved car body/paint shader to blur reflections based on roughness and fresnel highlights
    • Improved cockpit shader, bringing more dynamism and deeper shadows
    • Improved the car body shader to include some fresnel reflections
    • Improved light reflections on tarmac / tyre marks

Other changes:

• Autodrom Most - AI speed tweaks, improved AI start behaviour
    • Brands Hatch GP - Fixed incorrect fuel use estimates
    • Donington - Fixed misc art issues, AI speed tweaks on National layout
    • German Nationals - Physics update
    • Group 5 - Physics updated to improve the FFB and to the approach to differential settings so there’s now no preload. It makes them nicer to handle once traction is broken. Except for the Fabcar that still has a locked solid rear axle.
    • Hungaroring - Fixed misc art issues, added road and terrain normal maps, visual tweaks.
    • Imola - Fixed multiple cars spawning inside each other
    • Nordschleife Tourist - AI speed tweaks in to first chicane (Hohenrain) as some AI cars were going in too hot
    • NSU TTS - Physics updates improving the FFB as well as making the default setup a bit more fun and lively.
    • Paul Ricard - updated to 2022 specs, including the new pit entrance path.
    • Red Bull Ring - Added a new layout, free of charge for all owners of the track: Moto, using the chicane between turn 1 and turn 2.
    • Silverstone GP - AI speed tweaks
    • Spa-Francorchamps - AI Speed tweaks on all layouts
    • Volkswagen Scirocco Gr2 - Physics updates improving the FFB as well as making the default setup a bit more fun and lively.

• Like Like x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Plus the Driver´s Pack and 911 Scandinavia packs and maybe a few more omissions.

• Like Like x 1
  5. TinMan

TinMan New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    "The Drivers Pack is the ultimate addition to your RaceRoom experience."
    I have to ask... Is "ultimate" meant as "the best, the most exciting, the most kick a$$." or as " final, last, never again..."? o_O
    Anyway, as a pack it seems ultimate value for money (pun intended) :D
    Cheers, TM

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    I appreciate these five items are sold as one pack at a very fair price.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Like Like x 1
  7. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    I did not think RR could have even better sounds, but I was completely wrong. Sounds driven by physics!!! Damn, impressive engineering work! I am also impressed by any graphical update, which keeps my hope alive for SSAO, HDR, etc...

I can't wait until @Alex Hodgkinson can finally update the physics on GTR 1s... the real beasts (along with Group C) :)

Amazing update!!! Buying it right now!

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2022
  8. sampopel

sampopel Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0
    Anyone else getting significant drop in fps at Circuit de Charade? My PC is only mid-range but the in-game settings I use with RaceRoom give me 60fps pretty consistently at most parts of all tracks, but I'm getting only 40-50 fps at significant chunks of Charade, making it feel choppy and borderline undrivable. Is further gfx optimization to come for this track?

Edit: may have been specific to the Praga car (or I just had a bad R3E session) - tried again later in the evening with a few different cars at Charade and the fps stayed at 60 fps (or at worst, high 50s) throughout.

9. Muzarati

Muzarati Member

Ratings:
    +20 / 0 / -0
    No fix for the WTCC 2013 BMW E90? :(

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zziggy

Zziggy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +73 / 0 / -0
    Great Update, fantastic cars! Now we only need to be teached what exactly we should learn with these cars on the Charade circuit! :D Maybe drive behind other cars and wait for a straight (that never comes :p ) ?

11. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    I think you´ll be waiting a little longer as the GTR1s and DTM 2013s are probably higher priorities.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Without showing your monitor resolution in your signature nor providing it, it makes hard to help you. Certain resolutions are not natively supported for example, 5120x1440 is not, I have to run RRE at half resolution then no massive drop in FPS.

Might want to turn off track details or track animations for example...

13. PiccoloLost

PiccoloLost New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    Just did my first race with the new Mazda MX5 on Charade and what a fun. At first I was a bit disappointed as I was expecting the MX5 to be manual with H shifter. But after a few laps I was taken by this little wonder of a car. Handling and FFB are great. The car is quite easy to drive but still lively and fun. Maybe they could add a manual variant in future. I still have to drive the other cars in the pack and I hope they will be as great as the Mazda.

• Like Like x 2
  14. morsify

morsify Active Member

Ratings:
    +36 / 0 / -0
    Quietly adding another layout in Austria. Thanks very much, nice surprise!

15. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    This is one of the best updates in RR I have seen since I came to the sim in 2015. Both the track and the Mazda and the 95F are pure joy of driving. The Mazda also added a new meaning to tracks like Macau for me. Another favourite car for me. The same I could say about the 95F. Reminds me of the famous Skippy.

The 95S is something different for a change, more challenging to keep control over it. The Praga is a speed beast, but a bit "boring" to drive since it drives like a high speed train on rails. I had to try hard to derail it. That is no criticism. I just like the smaller, slower two cars better, they offer the kind of track fighting I am after. The track is a flow of opportunities that provide joy, and then more joy. Its a superb, and also laid-back experience.

Very very good!! For once, I'll take the liberty of reaching into the 100 out of 100 points box for this pack and give it the maximum score.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2022
  16. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    A big kudos to the KW team... The new cars have a higher resolution interior mesh (less visible polygons), and great mirrors quality.
    If only we could turn on the lights and the dashboards to glow to help reading the data is some dark car interior :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean ?o_O

18. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Oh boy, I have never enjoyed my rear-traction loss motion as much as I do now with the new Crosslé 9S, it's a true power slider/drifter in Most Autodrome... I LOVE IT!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Well now that ive tried most of the pack i can say im more than happy. Really enjoy the track, the mx5 drives nicely and will surely make for close racing, the praga is a great little rocket and the 9S is just absolutely awesome. Such a lively rear but at the same time so controllable its just great fun. Long story short thanks a lot for this pack :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. GregoryLeo

GregoryLeo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +360 / 0 / -0
    No, if anything I'm getting better FPS. I usually get 60ish fps, but here I'm getting high 80s to low 90s.:)