News The March 2019 developer notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0

• Funny Funny x 6
  2. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    He he, that would be nice indeed. The fact is that some manufacturers actually provide us some audio recordings sometimes. It's rare but it happens. That said, it's in no way a guarantee of good quality recordings or sufficient material, but it's generally useful.
    Now, some manufacturers also care about the sound accuracy, and we sometimes got some constructive feedback that helped to improve the sounds ;)

About the 911 GT3R, I have to say that we tested several sound versions, with the purpose of improving the current sound, but they didn't feel good enough to make it into the public builds.

• Informative Informative x 1
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2019
  3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Regarding transmission noise...

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Brace yourselves guys...
    IMG_20190329_225229_edit.png

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    That’s a big update.. curious about what’s in the patch notes other than just the 3 cars

are there patch notes coming before the 4th?

6. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    Don't associate huge patch size with lots of new content by default. There are some pretty big files that need to be redownloaded if there is even smallest change in them.

Besides J-F once announced over 20GB patch before... :p

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    :eek: Is this a 13GB patch with a Nissan in ia Bubble:oops:

8. Rmbonk86

Rmbonk86 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    T
    True, but still curious

9. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Patchnotes will come when the patch is final, which is more or less when it has been pushed to the servers. So just be patient.

This time J-F hasn't mixed up builds tho, the patch will be >13 (thirteen) GB. ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Bless 'em, first developer notes, with the headline "March developers update notes" be coming in April though. :rolleyes:
    S3 don't need to be advertising for programmers, they need a public relations officer! :D
    How come Discord is the preferred distributor of information over the forum? o_O or is this fake news and that is not the real J-F? Difficult to know, would help if there was a dedicated website that information pertaining to RR could be put together, so people could debate and exchange ideas, swap setups, help those in need, promote leagues, develop apps ....................................:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Another idea with a similar theme would be to have a nice big button in the Multiplayer menu called "Join a League" which brings you to a web page of some pre-vetted leagues with info about what cars they race, race lengths, days of the week the races are on etc. Might help deter the Steam free to play people who don't get the concept of online racing and give a negative review as "there are only 4 free maps" and no career mode in the game.

12. EsxPaul

EsxPaul Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    Is there not a way for the sound engineers to alter the 911 transmission whine.

I have zero idea how audio is done but couldn't that whine noise be altered and overlayed in such a way that it corresponds to the overall vehicle speed rather than the engine rpm as it does now.

I wouldn't mind if it was a canned whine rather than a real recorded sound.

As it is now, I find it a real immersion killer that puts me off of driving what is otherwise such a fantastic piece of work.

13. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    I think you're not the only one here, but there seems to be a slight misunderstanding, or unfortunate wording. This development note was not meant to announce a March update or patch, it was just an informative note about what's being worked on which got published in March.
    I'm appalled and emotionally shaken that you would even consider information spread by yours Bubbles as being fake news.
    And all this time I thought we had sth special here... :p

Give poor J-F a break if you will, he's getting older by the day. But if there's something important they forget to post here I think you can trust me/us to deliver it here.
    The forum is and shall remain the main information outlet regarding RR and S3, and we'll make sure it stays that way.

• Like Like x 1
  14. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    I think the problem here is allowing us to get bored, throw us a tease, then barrage us with everyone other than us driving the new content and then we get the silent treatment. Far too much like being married again, started deleting my phone & browser history and checking the car for trackers. :eek:
    Wasn't meant to be a dig, more an observation, like I said, bored!

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    If you get bored, just play something else and come back when you get bored playing that other game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Maybe to kill sometime I will go into the leaderboards and record all my lap times as I anticipate another clean wipe with the patch.
    Also hoping for another big jump in the development of the AI.

17. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Well, at some point somebody else has to actually work on all the stuff J-F keeps promising so willy-nilly-ly. ^^

18. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    Errr...... o_O:confused::D

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Cant speak for Sir Goose but i only play r3e so what would you suggest me to do in the meantime? ;D

20. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +534 / 0 / -0
    Play with your wife/girlfriend :p

• Funny Funny x 1