News The March 2019 developer notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, Mar 15, 2019.

1. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Probably a bit easier for making adjustments as well

2. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    No no no no no no no no please no!

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. CheerfullyInsane

CheerfullyInsane Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +402 / 0 / -0
    So.....
    You'll think about it? :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    no pls not This toys…. how About Formula 1 Cars from the mid/end 80s. You know the real ones. 1500BHP BTurbo Engines:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. rad

rad Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +458 / 0 / -0
    You mean something like this
    [​IMG]

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    We have a 2017 f1 (or frx17 ;) ) in the game. Why do you think itd be realistic to put a halo on a car that didnt have one in real life (or the programmers fantasy). Same goes for the indycar (or frus), the f3 (or fr3), the f2 (or fr2) and the f4 in the game.
    If they decide to bring a 2019 f1,2,3,e car into the game then sure it should have one although perhaps with the possibility to turn it off but i dont see any reason for adding the halo on any of the cars already in the game

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. fl0wf1r3

fl0wf1r3 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    Hello, is it possible to improve the sound of the Porsche 911 GT3 with the current sound engine? For me it is hard to stand the sound in Raceroom compared to the Fonseker sound mod in Assetto Corsa and the news ones in rFactor 2. rFactor 2 sounds pretty impressive, great. In Raceroom something is missing. I assume its the differential that is different compared to other titles. It does not sound like a Porsche.

To drive with 99 cars from different classes on the Norschleife is an awesome feature of Raceroom, pure VLN feeling :)

from minute 2:00, somehow youtube time does not work here

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
  8. dungbeetle

dungbeetle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    For current cars that have them IRL, perhaps.

Problem is, unless you're in VR, a halo support right down the center of your line of sight is just a nuisance.

Best thing is to have them showing on the external views as they present no problem and then maybe have an in-car view choice of either on or off depending on your setup and/or personal preference.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Anthony Monteil

Anthony Monteil KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    I am 200% with you here :D
    But in the meantime, we'll have something as much crunchy (imho) to play with ;)

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  10. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    As I explained a few times in the forum, we recorded the onboard sound of this car twice, and the result was the same : insane transmission level, which is covering most of the actual engine sound. So I did my best to filter it in the game, but the transmission noise is still very dominent.
    The only way to record this car and avoid this noise would be to install a complex microphone setup in multiple locations inside the car.
    This also means some very expensive mics and a private recording session, both we can't afford at the moment, sorry for that :(

• Like Like x 1
  11. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    OK I see, I don't know anything about sound engines in games. The sound of the Porsche in rFactor 2 for instance sounds perfect and very similar to what we can hear in onboard videos. Whatever they do different it works. Perhaps its the way of how the sound engine works.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    Well but it is for me, the Thing of onboad Videos. This absolutly amazing Turbine Sound. I miss this in every Sim, Simcade. Because thats how it sounds in a racecar. In Some Cars, you cant even hear the engine add all. This whinnig is so AWESOME

13. RacingSym

RacingSym Active Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0 / -0
    pfffff PFFF PFFFFFT PFFFF PFFF PFFFFFT PFFF GIIIIIIVE:( Grandpazilla Needs me so much

14. TM-Motorsport

TM-Motorsport Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0
    so we getting a New Singleplayer Layout?

15. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    For me the raceroom sound is better than the rf2 version. I suppose all ears hear differently... Raceroom is great in that you can tune the various parts of the sound, I often emphasise the transmission by turning it to full and all other sounds down. Would it be possible in future to allow a sound to go above 100. Eg to 150....that way I can turn one up without having to turn the others down? not my video, just for reference...

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    It's different but the biggest difference is the volume, as always with R3E

17. fl0wf1r3

Ratings:
    +235 / 0 / -0
    what I don't get is the fact, that game studios have to pay for a license for a car, right? Manufactures care a lot about the geometry of a car. But when it comes to sound, everything seems to be possible and ok for them. I'm a CG Artist and we work for different brands. Can he make this 3% brighter and this 5% more yellowish. So they are very very picky. The Sound of those cars is very very important to. A Porsche sounds like a Porsche and a Mercedes like Mercedes, as long as they have combustion engines. They should offer you (Game Studios) the best sounds recorded by them :)

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    I don't care if the audio output would be distorted but I really would appreciate this option very much. Tranny whine can't be loud enough. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  19. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    Updated OP with .h and .cs files for the latest change in shared memory block.

- added game_using_vr bool and upped minor version to 4

The VR true/false will come in handy, for example, in applications using the web overlay, allowing to switch HUD to bigger font, de-clutter it, or vary the controls, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Anthony Monteil

Ratings:
    +1,199 / 0 / -0
    Believe me, you don't want to hear the distortion as a result :D, but I get the idea. The easiest way is probably to replace the 100 values by 150 in the audio options, which would be exactly the same as now but with a different scale :D

• Funny Funny x 2