Released WTCC 2014 Car Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Jun 9, 2015.

1. Moritz Löhner

Moritz Löhner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +621 / 0 / -0
    Nice!
    And price?
    I bet ~1200 vRP.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    No price given yet. I'm willing to bet between 900-1600 vrp.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Info swap: in the other thread JF said 'around 900', or something to that effect. Don't expect it to be over 1000 (seeing as it's without tracks or many liveries).

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Gabor ™

Gabor ™ Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Absolutely TRUE my friend :)

5. Gabor ™

Gabor ™ Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    So. The '14 DTM pack 2900 vrp , I think the new wtcc pack same price 20 euro or 2500-3000vrp + incl tracks.
    Only Car not possible, only pack.

but very good idea (only Citroen Team pack), (Only Lada Team pack), but this not possible. (I think)

6. Jona777

Jona777 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +409 / 0 / -0
    I do believe you'll be able to buy a separate car as well.. Think i'll go Citroen/Lada.. :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Mally B

Mally B Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    @Sector3 So i'm home from work, now would be a good time to release so we can all have fun!:D

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
  9. Gabor ™

Gabor ™ Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    "The cars pack should I think be around 900, tracks are usually 499."

What?! :)

10. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    Fair price. The DTM92 carpack was 999 with 5 cars in it each costing 249 separately. WTCC14 will have 4 cars probably costing 299 or 349 separately so 899 or 999 would be a good price for the bunch.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Gabor ™

Gabor ™ Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    Only 1000vrp dream price

12. VtecTAN

VtecTAN Active Member

Ratings:
    +34 / 0 / -0
    c'mon guys....i don't want to give lesson to anybody...BUT i think sector3 deserve every $/E for their hard work....this game really offers "real racing feeling" in our rooms (after last update...pfff....superb)...if you want a chocolate you can't buy only a piece of it... :) but now i feel like in comunism period when i couldn't find chocolate in STORE :) (Romania)

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. 247

247 Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    considering the dtm 92 was 999 for 5 cars I think that 749 for the wtcc 2014 pack is a fair price (899 maximum) :)

14. Jan Stange

Jan Stange Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +52 / 0 / -0
    Agree with you completely.
    Sector3 need any kind of money for their outstanding work. If look at this quality work, you can only support it.
    For sure not everybody got that much money to invest but their options to buy single cars of any category is more than a good solution.
    For me personally it's like christmas if they provide new stuff! :)

Keep up this great work, Sector3 studios.

Best regards, Jan

• Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  15. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    I'd be quite happy with 900-1000vRP. Very fair. Maybe it works out more per car than DTM '92 content but the WTCC is the flagship franchise for this game so carries a bit more prestige. Pretty sure it will be a top seller.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. Flavourlicious

Flavourlicious Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +148 / 0 / -0
    I do agree with everyone saying that S3S deserves all the money. Unfortunately that's not really how sales work. There is indeed a group willing to pay let's say 2000vRP for the pack but that group would be small. In order to get the most out of your product you need to find the sweet spot between the price range and the number of customers. Let's say 10 people would buy it for 2000vRP you would earn about 200 Euro. But when you scale your price down a touch to lets say 1500vRP it's more tempting and 20 people will buy it. That way you would earn 300 Euro (these numbers are examples).

If you make the price too low however the amount of costumers would not compensate enough for the price. So you need to find the sweet spot. But I think S3S is talented enough to get the best deal out of this that will make them, the FIA (or whatever party involved) and the costumers (us) all happy. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2015
  17. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    You can testdrive every car as soon as it is released. At least as long as it is not some kind of special experience like DTM 2014 and WTCC 2014 will not be an experience pack. So if you want to, you will be able to test every car before you buy one or all. You even can check out all liveries in testdrive mode.

I will surely buy the pack but it's nice to have the choice I think. :)

18. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    And folks this is something that came up in the Project Cars thread but I'll repeat it here since it's a big thread with lots of eyes on it. If you enjoy the WTCC content that comes out or any content that's come out and appreciate the S3S folks, then take a few minutes and write a review for R3E on Steam. If you've already written a review then take a minute or two and go down the list of reviews and mark a few of em as helpful. If you don't want to do that then that's fine too. I just think that if everyone who loves this game takes a few minutes to write a review then very soon we might have 10x the people in these forums and you all will have 10x the folks to race online with since a large number of folks watch and read reviews before downloading a game

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. Ernie

Ernie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +304 / 0 / -0
    @itsmedavetn : Good hint. I had written a R3E review a long long time ago. I have to make an update to my review (or a completely new one), because some stuff (like no multiplayer mode) isn't an issue anymore. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    No problem Ernie, I was looking at my review today and editing it and thought to post the reminder. The way I see it is this. These guys (at least in my opinion) are beating the pants off everyone else in the Sim Racing department and deserve to see some good reviews popping up for some truly amazing work (cars, sounds, tracks,updates, support, etc) They don't get the pub on the sim racing blogs that other titles get so word of mouth and reviews will help and get more folks playing.

• Agree Agree x 2