Released FERRARI 488 GT3 EVO 2020 - now available!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Aug 11, 2022.

1. pierredietze

pierredietze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +232 / 0 / -0
    This might be correct, but update to DX12 and you will raise the number of people (those with older specs PC's) complaining about bad performence. Include weather and day-night circle, and you will empty the server. Weather is imo the most overrated feature ever. I've tried it, some years ago with PCars2 and you can now test it with AMS2 - set up a server with bad weather in the dark and you are all alone on the track.
    On my personal priority list, completely different things would be at the top. Rain only occurs in maybe 5% of races in real life. But yellow phases, savety cars, recovery vehicles, technical problems, etc. occur in almost every race. I would first implement these things to make the races more immersive and real. In addition, driver changes (MP) and the possibility to interrupt and save longer races in single player. Weather comes very far behind...

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    Please remember that multi-core use is not possible with this engine.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    All threads lead to a graphics engine update it seems.

This interview with JF Chardon goes through that aspect and many more game developments like driver swaps. The amusing thing is it is from 2016.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    That's called progress.
    At some point the time has come to upgrade your computer.
    If the developers were considerate of our computers, we would still be using the Amiga 2000 today.
    I agree with you as far as FCY is concerned, but it is exactly what the masses are asking for.
    DX12 Weather Day Night Cycle
    If you had read my post correctly, you would have understood that this is not my wish list, but that of the masses.
    But hey, everyone has their opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +790 / 0 / -0
    Please stop putting vids up that are pre restructuring , the video was pre kw studios , pre death of simbin uk , etc
    Posting that is pointless
    As for the old equipement , remember that most ppl have at east a quad core at the moment , so those 3 extra cores would help even if the game gets updated to dx13

Andi

6. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +278 / 0 / -0
    Did you watch it?

Anyway, the point is that many of the user requests such as VR support have been implemented and that switching game engine was being tested with UE4 back then (before the Simbin UK GTR3 fiasco) but there was also a lot of other stuff that is still pending and which he mentioned was unlikely to happen in this particular version of the game.

It´s taking so long that both the DX12 and UE 4 engines are now old too and we also saw how the latter was a performance hog in ACC using more cores to run slower, so perhaps a new in-house solution is the answer both for graphics and physics to replace the RENDR project, I don´t know. Perhaps an official statement on this or a roadmap would encourage people to complain less about rising new content costs (one can dream).

Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  7. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    Well, using a newer version of DirectX doesn't necessarily mean the system requirements should go up... Regarding hardware support for DX12, you have it even on GPUs from 2012.

A server with rain will be empty, but the game will attract more people. They ask for weather and night not because they want to drive in the rain all the time, but because they want to be able to do it if they are in a mood for that. Even if weather is overrated, people see a game as inferior if it doesn't have it, and R3E is unfortunately not in position to change people's mind on that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2022
  8. Dady Cairo

Dady Cairo Active Member

Ratings:
    +37 / 0 / -0
    Not even 12 cores would help with that engine,as it runs everything on one core .But was said 100000000000 times.
    So,waiting that something is done about it or at least a new game (engine),then i will buy cars and tracks again.Otherwise it is pointless to me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Badgerous

Badgerous Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +223 / 0 / -0
    Frustrating pricing aside, it's good to see these cars where they belong with updated liveries..

While I did get the latest, DTM stopped with the 2020 cars for me, and the new Ferrari felt a bit lost there.

10. alejandroid80

alejandroid80 Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Hello,
    Is there any issue with the steering range on this new Ferrari 488 GT3? Is the only one where I have issues, whatever I do on the setup, options, etc, same problem, the visual wheel is not matched with my wheel. Thanks