Released Group 5 Pack

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Feb 18, 2015.

1. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    And when....

• Like Like x 2
  2. Johnny Latebraker

Johnny Latebraker Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    Sooon my friend.....soooon:tearsofjoy:

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Iggy_82

Iggy_82 Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    These cars with updated h-shifting behaviour will be just amazing.
    Hope to see some more gr.5 racers online! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Question, if I may:

Will the Gr5 cars be performance balanced or set to realistic speeds?

I can see the argument either way, although my personal preference would probably be somewhere inbetween, where the Fabcar and its ilk have a definitive advantage over the likes of the Chevy Monza but maybe not to the complete extent of its real life dominance.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
  5. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    im sure they will be balanced, otherwise there would be no meaning to put them into the same class

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. yusupov

yusupov Active Member

Ratings:
    +28 / 0 / -0
    hmm, i def dont like that...

7. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, S3 did a great job of balancing out the '92 DTM cars, while still keeping every car fairly different and unique in performance. Personally I never liked GTR2's vanilla multiplayer that much because it always ended up with the Ferrari 550's running over everyone, even though it was historically accurate.

• Agree Agree x 14
  8. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    When looking to your pesonal statistics, you can see the upcoming new cars and tracks.
    To G5 will be added:
    Chevy Corvette Greenwood 1977
    Chevy Dekon Monza
    Fabcar 935
    Nissan Silvia Tubo
    Nissan Skyline 2000RS

To GTR2:
    Cadillac CTS-V.R

To Tracks:
    Salzburgring Grand Prix

Would have been nice at sale as well!!:eek:

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    or free.... cmon...., developing cost money, just seen couple of whinig comlains, so it looks like we want everything perfect in a second, but don't want to pay any money for it... i'm happy to pay the full price for the content to ensure, that development goes to the right way, and i can enjoy this title for years...

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    That was not my intent. I Just wanted to say, that the opportunity might have been very nice!:rolleyes:

11. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Although I neved played that game online, I totally agree with what you're saying as I've seen it happen in other games. Generally people will gravitate to a particular car that is seen to offer an advantage over the others in a particular class. Human nature I guess.

Artificial performance balancing is necessary for the sake of good racing both online and offline. Nobody wants to see one type of car streaking ahead of the rest of the pack. For example, the upcoming WTCC 2014 pack - the Citroën is often a second a lap quicker than every other car IRL. If this was replicated in R3E why would anyone drive anything else?

• Agree Agree x 5
  12. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    I'm really hoping for a balancing in Gr5 like it is in DTM92. It's so much fun to race against cars that are able to achieve the same Lap-Times but have there advantages in different disciplines like acceleration, braking, cornering.

• Agree Agree x 8
  13. Oliver Augst

Oliver Augst Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +69 / 0 / -0
    Too bad that the Group5 Cars are not published , just now at Easter , many people have a little time , sometimes to turn a few laps

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. oppolo

oppolo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    I disagree, perfomances of cars should be the first goal for a simulator, so GTR2 and GPL are sims, R3E is a game, nice but a game

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  15. theravenousbeast

theravenousbeast Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    I can see both perspectives and I can understand your point. The thing is, I personally view R3E as more of a successor to R07 rather than GTR2. R07 and Evo were both criticized by the community for the slight performance equalization but in the long run, the vanilla content is still being raced in public and in league servers unlike GTR2, which still lives only because of the modding community.
    This is actually one of the more interesting discussions we can have about the future of R3E, a poll to see what the current userbase thinks would be great. :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Drei

Drei Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +82 / 0 / -0
    That is just an illusion m8, there are no simulators on PC or on any other platforms. These are all games. We would like to think that this or that or a 3rd one is closer or further to the reality, or simulate real racing better or worst, but most of these games based on very few information about real racing cars or real racing conditions. Most of the developers (or simracers)have never ever had the chance to drive any of these cars, or even if they have had, they are not professional race drivers, they can't really tell the difference beween 2 (or more) cars behaviour to create a proper simulator. And even if they would have all the necessary information, not sure our computers would be strong enough to calculate all the physics in realtime...
    And one more thing, for example in 1992 DTM championship, if you compare the pure performance of the cars, MB190EVOII wasn't the best car at all. The whole package made it a winner car with the team, the drivers, the fuel, the tyres, etc... and that you cannot simulate... so better to forget about"simulator" :)
    And for a racing game i like to RACE. Hotlapping in the fastest car is not fun for me. Having a grid with 24 or more exactly the same cars can bring good racing, but can be boring after a while. So longterm i prefer series with a couple of different cars with all of their ups and downs, but it is very important to keep all of them competitive (eg balanced), so with the proper settings and driver all of em have to be able to achieve victory.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    But then these group 5 cars may as well be released individually if performance varies so much. R3E is all about putting together classes of cars that can be raced together. A little artificial performance balancing doesn't make it any less of a sim, just a more enjoyable one.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    Whether or not it makes it more enjoyable is a matter of individual taste. Personally, I disagree that the cars being completely balanced will do that.

19. maxel

maxel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0
    I really like how S3 balanced the DTM92's. Incredible MP racing possible! You can win with every car.
    The performance differences because of better development, more money etc. are killing Motorsports IMO. Look at F1.
    Why bring this to Simracing?

There's a reason Senna said that his favorite times in racing was gokarting because it was pure racing, the equipment didn't win but the driver. Only my opinion of course. :)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2015
  20. Jörg Menzel

Jörg Menzel Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    No easter update ? :sweat: