The Assetto Corsa thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Skybird, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Why such a restriction?

2. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
  3. Arthur Spooner

Arthur Spooner Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +432 / 0 / -0
    Que?

4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    lol

5. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Even I got that. :D
    Just imagine a thick Northerner saying it. ^^

Sorry pal, really not directed at you mr_b.

6. Emerson Meyer

Emerson Meyer Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +61 / 0 / -0
    If you guys think it's all ok talking about how amazing AC is, no problem. I would better talk about RRE.

For a newcomer this would sound a bit weird.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. ::SKRO::

::SKRO:: Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Partially agree. It's true a newcomer would be disoriented by reading this, but honestly it's fine if opinions are shared. Ultimately one will make his own decision. Personally I was all about AC when it came out. Great ffb and visuals. But after coming to R3E I've dropped it without remorse. My time is limited so I'd like to spend it wisely. And to me R3E is the answer. Better sound, better racing sensation, better community, better track quality, better "ordered" categories, better experience.
    Why bother with anything else then?

• Like Like x 1
  8. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    AC visuals aren't so great. I think R3E has it in that department too, all things considered.

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Some notes.

This is the off-topic section of a Sector3-owned board. Imagine what "off-topic" means.

A pendant thread about R3E posted at Kunos own boards exists here: http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-all-free-weekend-25th-28th-june.24617/page-6
    Plus plenty of good-will comments on R3E in other threads there from me and other people. Plus information on sales that Sector3 launched.

Both boards' off-topic sections also hold dedicated threads on Project Cars (although the one at Kunos' boards was locked after 20+ pages or so due to personal hostilities ruining it). Kunos' boards also have a (dropped down the list a bit) thread on GSCE, and long time ago I think rF2 as well.

I absolutely agree that the focus of the dedicated boards are on the own simulations of the board owner. So lets have not plenty of threads launched for one and the same alternative game.

Newcomers to R3E hardly check first the off-topic sub-forum and the very bottom of the forum list. I cannot imagine they get confused, as somebody feared.

Kunos said on the R3E thread somewhere that they have no problem with it, because, in their own words, they would also benefit from it. I imagine they mean that they learn about the public's views and opinions, about perceptions of strengths and weaknesses of Assetto as well as other simulations, and that they consider it to be of value of some kind to be informed on what's on player's minds about the titles in the genre in general: their own and those titles they compete with. - I think it is not that much different with Sector3. It is their board, so they make the rules. If they would have problems with other sims mentioned or even being limited to one dedicated thread in commenting, I am sure they will let us know.

This is not to promote a rivalling product at the cost of R3E, nor about hijacking this forum. I am a big fan of both sims, and thus I mention both in both places and compare them. My point always is to mark the differences - and to point out my personal conclusion that both nevertheless are so good that one should not choose between the two, but that best advise would be to play both!

And finally, honestly said this forum is not really one of the most alive places on the web, not even in the racing genre. The community is small, the boards are lazy, and posting is rare, compared to other places and titles. Helping to boost the thread list a bit and maintaining it, maybe is not the worst things that could happen here. ;)

Help this clears it up a bit. If Sector3 has a problem with this thread or that other one on Project Cars, they can and will lock it up any time they want. Their house - their rules. If I would not accept that, I am free to leave any time, yes?! :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2015
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    Yepp, I agree with skybird. As I'm not the biggest Fan of Assetto Corsa it self, I don't follow it very much. But I always like to hear news on it and the opinions of other users. I think I would play AC more often if I had the Time for it, but as my gaming-Time is limited I focus more on R3E, as for me the Immersion and Fun-Factor is much much better.
    And as skybird wrote, the positive and negative aspects of AC or PCars can help Sector3 on their Roadmap.

But on i sidenote I Agree with @Emerson Meyer in a point that this and other Threads should always be a Discussion-Thread and should not end up in an Advertising-Thread.

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. Yevgeny Lazorenko

Yevgeny Lazorenko Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +793 / 0 / -0
  12. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Try "F9" repeatedly, Lazorenko. ;)

P.S. And no, I don't lend you my car.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    1.2.3 released, 21 MB:

- Added MAX_BALLAST_KG to server_cfg.ini (defaults to 100Kg if the value is not there)
    - 4WD cars now behave better at very low speed
    - New ABS code won't allow individual wheel braking and improves stability and directionality
    - Fixed clutch remaining unlocked at high speeds in some occasions generating engine "stutters"
    - Fixed tyre blankets not working in HotLap and other oddities
    - Nissan GT-R new central active diff logic
    - Corrected camber sensitivity values for all tyres
    - Corrected brake balance for some cars that had heavy oversteering problems under braking
    - Various memory optimizations to allow more cars to be used
    - Fixed FPS cap to allow precise FPS selection. Please reset your values from the launcher
    - Fixed Alfa Romeo 155 autoclutch range for 1st gear starts
    - Tweaked tyres skid pitch, especially for race cars with slicks
    - acServerManager : added "Create Manager Package" to use this tool on remote machines
    - acServerManager : some performance improvements
    - acServerManager : added "External Server" to run multiple servers on the same PC.
    - acServerManager : weather settings are no more limited to 3

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    Ac's version of Zandvoort looks quite a bit different than the one in R3E at least for me.It surely feels wider (especially through Sector 1).Curbs are suprisingly high and the surroundings are surely of lower quality.What do you think about it?

15. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    AC has less elevated track passages, and less camber in some passages than the R3E version, it seems to me, here R3E may be closer to reality. But the track surface is more bumpy in AC, which probably is more realistic than with the R3E track, because Zandvoort is said to be VERY bumpy. In the Corsaverse, Zandvoort a la Assetto imo is one of the better looking courses. But the place looks more alive in R3E, as usual. All in all, Zandvoort was one of my most wanted tracks, and is now one of my most liked tracks - in both sims. Driving in Zandvoort simply delivers the full deal, no matter which car class or car model you choose.
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  16. Skybird

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    There is official confirmation for the existence of a bug, or mishap, that slipped through the final testing of 1.2.3. For many cars, braking and ABS currently is severely messed up. Team is aware of it, and is on it, patch is expected for probably the end of this week.

This only effects braking behavior, and is no indication that latest changes in physics and changes of driving behaviour due to the improved tire model will be reversed.

I currently do not drive AC and will wait for the fix.
    [​IMG]

17. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    ... Maybe changelogs are a bit... too much? They have their own forum and Steam and other Sim racing websites. Opinions and stuff like that are welcomed but these kind of info and other technical workaround are WAY off topic. Please just don't abuse of the extremely easy going and tolerant nature of S3S Team.
    Don't lose the fact that after all this is R3E OFFICIAL forum.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. ::SKRO::

Ratings:
    +972 / 0 / -0
    Precisely

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Dan Speelman

Dan Speelman Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +60 / 0 / -0
    Apparently I picked a bad time to try AC. I was having a hard time suspending disbelief with some things the cars would do under braking. Good to see it is being fixed.

20. Gerbuho

Gerbuho Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +264 / 0 / -0
    I only go to AC for the things I don't find in R3E, namely Spa, Silverstone and mainly the Nordschleife. Now, after patch, or maybe after Win 10 update, I see the Endurance layout of Nürburgring doesn't work anymore: starts with 17 FPS and reaches no more than 21, unplayable (never had a problem before). I really don't miss AC much so that's why I post this here, just as a comment, and not in their forums, don't care much when it's fixed. ;)

(Maybe I should post somewhere else in this forum that I'm having same issue with Monza in R3E though [27 FPS max, unplayable too])