When will Sector3 commit to a graphical upgrade roadmap to take the top spot!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, May 28, 2021.

1. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Best sound, top FFB coming soon, best selection of tracks and cars, driver ratings, the only thing missing is top notch Directx 12 graphics. Why can't we hear any plans or roadmaps or ongoing efforts to upgrade the graphic engine and bring this gem of simulator in the top 3 position?

• Love it! Love it! x 1
  2. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Graphics aren't the most important thing for them right now. They're overhauling the FFB and physics for cars.

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. Goffik

Goffik Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +170 / 0 / -0
    I don't know when, but I can guarantee that it will not be based on how many times the vocal minority post these pointless threads.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Funny x 1
  4. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    They just need to share their vision and a roadmap, that's all I'm asking. DirectX 9 came out in 2003... After 18 years, I think it's a fair question, to understand where is this product going...

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Arcson

Arcson Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +99 / 0 / -0
    They may be working behind the scenes on a huge graphics overhaul with a brand new engine SweetyEye DirectY2021. Or they may not. The reason they won't make some informations public is clear. People tend to exagerate, taking for granted X, even though X was previously clearly stated to be just an idea

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 28, 2021
  6. ducman888

ducman888 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -0
    Proposed roadmap
    1. Physics
    2. FFB
    3. AI
    4. Ranking
    5. Repeat until above upgrades have been exhausted
    6. Improve Graphics
    7. Hot key to summons significant other to fetch a cold beer.
    8. Hot key to have beer removed from orifice.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. Ablaze

Ablaze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +120 / 0 / -0
    A more modern DirectX version does not automatically mean better graphics. Just look at the beginnings of rFactor 2. What we would need instead are improved shaders. There was a shader pack for rFactor 1 and the content using it looked great compared to standard shaders.

If someone of you modded Fallout 4 or Skyrim with custom ENB shaders know what I mean. That stuff transforms the graphics to a photo-realistic level if dialed in properly.

This whole DirectX debate is pointless in my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. KoenigseggRS

KoenigseggRS New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    As well, it's not like everyone has top-of-the-line equipment to fully enjoy this game if it was upgraded graphically.

9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    But it had been written:
    1. Release of GTR3.
    2. Change of graphical engine in Raceroom.
    Will take a while.:p

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Don´t worry, by the time GTR3 will be released, the human race will have evolved to have an inbuilt graphics engine in their forehead

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Release of GTR3 is pure vaporware at this point. Where is this info you are talking about, web site, blog, rumors?

12. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    It was mentioned many times before ,
    I think you have to remember what race room is....
    Raceroom is part of the kw group so the game itself is split into a few aspects
    Public game
    Raceroom cafes
    Raceroom events

Gtr3 is also part of yhe kw group and the graphics updates that this title was being built with were going then to transfer to the other sections , with gtr3 (which i believe is still being worked on ) having taken a step back , i assume a new plan will be made , remember sector 3 is also part of kw group , they dont make these decisions , it will be a globql decision for the group

I for one dont care about a graphics update , unless we can have ou3r cake and eat it ... at present every game that has gone in this direction has lost something in my opinion
    This for any sptudio is a huge undertaking , as it is far from a simple copy and paste as it effects al aspects of the game

Andi

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Sebastian J.

Sebastian J. New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I also hope for a update. But not for the looks.

I play in VR with a g2 and i cant get the game to run smooth with a shadows. I think a new update would help a lot.

14. Nash Bobo

Nash Bobo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I feel that if RRE hires 500 more people, finds 500,000,000 US dollars for more equipment etc, etc, They could make everyone happy in a about a year.

Dreams vs tech, time and money.

"Nash"

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    It´s impossible to make everyone happy and certainly not at the same time. You can bet that the new FFB, FOV menu and sparks are going to break at least 10 unrelated aspects of the current game that will take the next quarter to fix so imagine what a new graphics engine would do.

This would have been a good year to do something as there is no major new racing sim release or revamp scheduled apart from the F1 franchise.

16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    What did rF2 and iRacing lost?

17. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    Rf2 , fun , a way through the bizarreness ....
    Iracing didnt really lose as i dont count it as a sim , more of a subscription service that gives you access to a bad tyre model

Rf2 and iracing didnt move to a new engine , they got a dx update , my point was more based on titles that moved to a new engine , sorry i didnt make that clearer

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Reading between the lines from recent interviews with the bosses, Kunos seem to be going back to their own engine for AC2. If they also open the door to full modding again then that will probably be the new benchmark.

19. sergeich

sergeich Active Member

Ratings:
    +26 / 0 / -0
    Except VR the CPU optimization in needed. How many cores RR use for now? 2?
    Also GFX-parameters profiles is needed for people who play using different modes - VR, triple, ...

20. VFX Pro

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    As the saying goes "fast, good, or cheap, you can only pick 2 at a time"