News Content Roadmap 2023

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 5, 2023.

1. NL-Jos

NL-Jos Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +182 / 0 / -0
    Don't chat when you're driving an solution?
    ;)

• Funny Funny x 3
  2. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    What do you mean by features-enhanced track environment? Thx

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Circuit de Pau.... Fantastic:hearteyes:.
    I often had discussions about it here I didn't expect it at all...
    Thx you very much to the devs for this future addition (i think the French from Kw studios have something to do with it:wink:).
    According to the first screenshot it looks very realistic (I live right next to the circuit).
    Next weekend is the Pau GP, will some developers from Kw studios be there?
    For the rest, a roadmap is good news. Porsches in the dark is a clue to night races? THX again

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
  5. ravey1981

ravey1981 Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +873 / 0 / -0
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Stelcio

Stelcio Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Not a big flaw for me, personally, as long as they're practical (and they are), but it's certainly one of many elements that simply give the sim a bad, dated look and create an impression of a worse product than it actually is.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    Is there any chance to change the triple monitor setup to support the native resolutions of each monitor. Means 2*27'' right and left and UWHQ 34'' in the middle without using the nvidia surround function.
    Thanks

project cars 2 does support this feature.

8. Vale

Vale Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +279 / 0 / -0
    Does a new 911 Gt3 version mean the current 2019 will be removed from the shop, competitions etc?

9. ThPRacing

ThPRacing New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
  10. Muca

Muca Active Member

Ratings:
    +27 / 0 / -0
    rFactor 2 is a WAY worse game supported by some hard core people. The experience is awful, let us not start with VR experience. Drives not better at all, 5 years ago it did. Which professional driver was involved in creating their BMW M4? I know the answer.
    As long as people happily buy the DLC, they will release it. And it seems people buy it.
    Raceroom is the go to VR racing game, above Automobilista 2. AMS2 has worse driving feeling, they have big performance issues with many tracks.
    I am all in for a new engine which would mean new game but that seems not possible.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. BreadedVirus

BreadedVirus Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +70 / 0 / -0
    Is the Porsche DLC picture with lights on the cars a hint at something?

12. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    I don't think so. KW probably did it to be mysterious, but then they went and said what all three of the Porsche are. I think the image was created with image production software, and not a hint at things to come. On top of that, I think KW would be more direct if they were showing a new game engine.

BTW. Thanks for the larger images. I desk topped the BMW M4 GT4. Yes it's not the most beautiful Bimmer ever, but it's one hell of a racing weapon.

Last edited: May 7, 2023
  13. AlleyViper

AlleyViper Active Member

Ratings:
    +39 / 0 / -0
    Happy for Pau to extend the enjoyment of r3e's present touring cars, as it had been missing for a wtcr calendar. Also looking forward to the 944 Cup, just a bit sad it's not something a bit more hefty like a 924 GTP, 944 LM or whatever of the sort could fit in Gr.4, adding some variety to a forgotten class.

• Agree Agree x 4
    Last edited: May 8, 2023
  14. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    Good to have a roadmap, just a shame it only contains the stuff that should be on the bottom of the list of priorities for this game.

I like Raceroom, but it really needs different things than more GT3 cars, more touring cars or more Porsches. These things aren't going to keep it from falling into irrelevance.

• Agree Agree x 4
  15. miganmarra

miganmarra New Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0
    A long time ago night mode was also impossible in Assetto Corsa until a certain Peter Boese appeared and magically became possible. Will a Peter Boese ever appear in Raceroom?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. Super Nova

Super Nova Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0 / -0
    Everything is possible, we can see it with iracing, with a old engine they succeeded implementing a day-night cycle and soon the rain. It's all about money and business strategy anyway. That's just my thinking. What's curious about R3E is that the development of the graphic engine is completely stopped. To my knowledge the last update is the sparks and the biggest the model damage but it's a long time ago. Why never communicate on it ? only they know it and its up to everyone to make up their own mind

• Agree Agree x 4
  17. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    "Impossible" and "not implemented" is not the same. Game engines can be different in what they allow to add/modify and how difficult it is.

18. SerVik

SerVik New Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0
    [QUOTE="... It's all about money and business strategy anyway..."[/QUOTE]

I agree. Although iRacing is not my favorite sim, i have to admit: iRacing management know what they want and what they're doing. The visual side of a simulator is not that important for most of the simmers, but it's very important for eSport broadcasting and Twitch streaming, which is important for promoting a game. As for communicating with users, IMO only iRacing and Codemasters developers seem like they pay attention to forums.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: May 9, 2023
  19. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Much much better thank you. Content looks positive but a roadmap without new features is a concern......

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    And people say Raceroom looks bad. This looks wonderful. What's your settings? In-game and in GPU drivers. Do you use any post-processing software like Reshade?

• Agree Agree x 1