Released Formula RR US

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I really hope this release of Formula RR US is a pack including all liveries and not like the last Formula RR 3 where we bought the car then had to buy each livery individually ~ please tell me that is not happening !?:eek:

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Timo Heyden

Timo Heyden Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0 / -0
    I think your hopes won't come true. With the new shop logic, you have to buy all liveries you will get individually.

3. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I do hope you are wrong ~ I think that is a very lame way to entice your customers. Imagine the uproar if Assetto Corsa had done that for all the different car packs they released including the brilliant Porsche packs, or even Project Cars for that matter.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  4. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Mr_Mints_Taboo Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    So how much is a car and all liveries worth to you?

The average car price seems to be about 300VP, and 10 liveries (enough to run 20 car races) is a further 290. That's just over £5.00 I reckon. I can certainly live with that.

I don't like the system either, but I can see the advantages. Especially if R3E are going to shift some of the emphasis onto online racing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Pascal Herbig

Pascal Herbig Member

Ratings:
    +24 / 0 / -0
    You only need to buy the liveries you want to race. The AI will always use all available liveries even if you do not own them

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    No that is not good value, compare to car packs from AC & others. Advantage is only to the publisher not the gamer. Just charge a little extra and give the customer the complete pack with all liveries - I may not use all of them and the ai of course use them whatever but give me the choice. The principal of it annoys me more than the cost actually and I have spent alot of money on this title over time, many times over what I paid for other sims, so it is not a matter of what is a pack worth to me.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  7. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Wow - in which case, I really don't understand what anybody is complaining about!
    iRacing cars are like £9.00, but you are forced to race them pretty much on THEIR schedule, sometimes against a handful of others. True you get as many liveries as you want..........

8. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    The devs already commented on this matter, saying that they will introduce a way to make buying all liveries of any car in one go possible.
    When that will happen is on another sheet tho, and somebody else would have to answer that question.

• Like Like x 5
  9. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    Iirc, some of the devs mentioned, there should be a change to packs including all liveries in the store again.
    But maybe there is an override by RaceRoom.
    Edit:
    Omg, @Christian Göpfert is back again! You have to hurry with your answer!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    So they are looking at it, that is good news then.

And re the other comment, I do not buy into or play iRacing at all exactly because of their pricing model, it is a poor example of value for me, others are happy to pay so fair play to them.

11. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Good for you. A man should have principles : I have several sets that I bring out as needed.
    So while you sleep soundly knowing that you haven't funded these money-grubbing mercenaries, I will buy the Formula RR US just to help keep R3E afloat while they work on the mulitplayer rankings. I wasn't going to - I have little interest in the car, but I will happily pay to balance out your principles.

I find that value to me is the only thing that influences my buying decisions.
    Edit : make that ALL my decisions.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Gotcha.
    [​IMG]
    :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Good for you too, be my guest jumping off the deep end, as it was offensive and over-the-top to paraphrase my comments with your description of the devs or publisher as "money grubbing mercenaries".

Also it has more to do with value than principles, however our measure of value obviously differs and perhaps we leave it there eh !

14. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    Blanes, you can have my apologies.
    Somebody* had mentioned something* about the company using the system to prise money out of us - I can't find the post now, so either it has been edited, or I am confused.
    In which case, using that description when replying to your post was over-the-top.

And you are right about the iRacing pricing model; but they still have what amounts to a monopoly on structured, (massively) multiplayer racing. Until somebody (fingers crossed it will be Sector 3) comes along with a viable alternative, their pricing model will retain it's perceived value to me.

I know you said to drop it, but I figured you'd allow me to apologise and then agree with you.:)

(* redefining accuracy of reporting.)

• Like Like x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  15. higsy

higsy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +123 / 0 / -0
    with the release of this car will there be a patch as well this week ?

16. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    Or imagine you were buying the same car in iRacing... :eek:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. Mr_Mints_Taboo

Ratings:
    +152 / 0 / -0
    FTFY

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  18. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Can we just agree that iRacing is not a business model to aspire towards?

I'm glad packs will be back, it will reduce my annoyance with the store greatly, then I go back to my petty complaint that reflections on my shiny virtual car could be slightly prettier, and that's a pretty good place to be. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. D.Boon

D.Boon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +386 / 0 / -0
    I think we can agree on that without taking anything away from the game it self though, by all accounts it's very good, I've just never been able to afford it.

Reflections in the cars, I can tell you for certain, annoys @J-F Chardon very much. Roll on UE4 where those problems should be gone.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    For sure, I'm not trying to badmouth the quality of iRacing, but it is overpriced. It will be real interesting to see what will happen this year with Racerooms entry into curated multiplayer.

Glad to hear J-F is a man of taste! :p

Back to the Formula RR US, pretty pumped to try it. I find the P2P system to be interesting in terms of racecraft in a way DRS doesn't quite deliver. Being able to use it not only to overtake but to defend really spices things up. That and Georgs and Jimmy B's streams on it were quality entertainment.

• Agree Agree x 1