Released Formula RR US

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Patrick van der Meulen

Patrick van der Meulen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    On Laguna Seca I felt exactly what you mean. It feels like the road surface is directly translated to FFB. Like there is no car with suspension in between. On Mid Ohio it feels less pronounced. And on Zandvoort, it felt more like it's on it's place but the T300 hums on places you wouldn't expect, but without giving something throug via FFB like Laguna Seca and Mid Ohio. Haven't checked with FFB meter yet. Will try some different tracks in the next few days. It definitly feels a bit off.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Putting the Force Feedback Minumum back up to 5% improves the general feel of driving as it's a bit floaty at 0% but brings back the issue. If it's due to the setting or if it's just masked at 0% I don't know though. Like Patrick says above it's alot less pronounced at Zandvoort. Will continue trying but right now the car feels worse at tracks it actually races on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    Don't underestimate... ;) Usefull information for us T300 owners! Going to set my minimum FFB to zero. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. .OG Isaac

.OG Isaac Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +173 / 0 / -0
    Wow insane!

I just drove the Formula US for the first time, it was in a MP race around Mid Ohio.

I was gonna grab 2nd but my inconsistency finally caught up with me and I wrecked it, but man. That car is allot of fun.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Hoping that's not the sollution tbh, it fixes the icky bottoming out sensation but makes the whole thing a bit floaty and too easy to turn. Need to start dinner but will mess around with it more. I'm pretty sure the minimum FFB is just masking the problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Patrick van der Meulen

Ratings:
    +101 / 0 / -0
    That is so true. But at least it's a workaround 'till it gets fixed or improved. Have nice meal!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Formula US not part of premium pack? Not included when I click on the pack. Is this as intended?

8. sbtm

sbtm Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +591 / 0 / -0
    I love this car. I'm not a close friend to open wheelers but this beast is so much fun! brakes are very sensitive and lock ups are very quick. But this car is absolutely great. Driving a GT3 car after that is like driving uphill with a Bobbycar.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Turned out the better half decided the kitchen was off limits so I took the FR US and the McLaren around Silverstone. The grainy FFB bottoming out feel is far as I can tell isolated to the FR US, the McLaren was silky smooth with it's shiny new display glistening in the.... Ahem!

Anyways, really dinner time now, will continue messing about with it tomorrow hopefully and take it to the support forum in order to not shit this thread up for people not on the T300 wheel who are enjoying this awesome car. Have a good evening gents!

10. Dale Junior

Dale Junior Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +983 / 0 / -0
    Hey guys,

I would like buy the "Formula RaceRoom US All Liveries Pack" but there is a shop issue:

1x car = 349 vPR
    all liveries pack = 200 vRP
    --------------------------------------
    Sum = 549 vRP

... but at the end of the purchase process the pack should cost 729 vRP (180 vRP more than budgeted)? o_Oo_Oo_O

Any idea???

RR.png

RR2.png

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. kamackeris

kamackeris Active Member

Ratings:
    +31 / 0 / -0
    yup i noticed that too. i think it's an error but they should really charge that reduced amount as it is advertised as such !!

12. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Hmm, can you navigate to the store in your web browser. game.raceroom.com/store and see if you notice this there?

I just went to the store page for the FR US and dont notice this. The car + all liveries separately = 900 vRP, but the all in one pack = 729 vRP... so you are already saving money by buying this pack.

I dont have a message that says you can get all liveries for 200 vRP. So.... that might be a bug.

I suppose you could buy the car by itself, then buy that livery pack for 200 vRP... or wait for this to be looked at, where it might be changed.

13. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    Hi guys, sorry for the mix up on the button. The button was showing the wrong amount.

It should show the correct amount if you refresh now.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  14. Skybird

Skybird Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +803 / 0 / -0
    Shop-test on RR home track: I must admit the car and me could not agree on a second date. I strongly disliked the brakes, and found nothing that I especially liked. Went to the Nordschleife and took the B6 out for two laps in MP instead.

Not my taste at all this openwheeler car is.

15. Mike Demers

Mike Demers Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    This car is is very well done. Great job guys!

16. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    I am still getting the exact same problem reported by Patrick Schilhan.
    If I select one livery it say $3.70 and when I hover over that amount it says 349vRP
    Then once I select that it gives me the option of choosing a livery or at the bottom highlighted in Green it says "or add all liveries for $2.12 (200vRP) ... but once I select that option the total in the basket say 729 vRP instead of 549 vRP

I refreshed my browser several times and logged out then in and it remains in error here.

So for now I will go ahead buy the car at 349 vRP assume this will be fixed and I can pickup the livery pack later for 200 vRP as Nate suggested.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
  17. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    I believe seeing the livery pack for 200 vRP after you buy the car is the bug :p It's not supposed to be showing up for 200 vRP.

My point was supposed to be subtle, in that.. if you want the car and liveries, you should buy it right now before it gets changed to how much it is supposed to sell for. Namely 729 vRP for the full package, or 349 for the car + (xxx) for the livery pack separately. :p

It's not going to be 200 vRP though.

• Informative Informative x 2
  18. Shodan

Shodan Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0
    Anyone?

19. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Damn ! I should have bought the pack at 729vRP I saw what you wrote and then what Sonat wrote and understood it to mean the total value was wrong, so should have been 549 vRP. I bought 1 car / 1 livery only thinking once it was fixed I would pickup the pack at 200 vRP. So it seems the pack is not separately offered now and I would have to buy each livery individually, this really is not a user friendly system, sorry to say. Thanks anyway Nate.

20. Rodent

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Seems relevant, also, who doesn't like Sebring. :p

• Like Like x 1