News FREE WEEKEND

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 23, 2015.

1. Pr3t3nd3r

Pr3t3nd3r Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0 / -0
    Thank you guys for doing it! Appreciated! ;)

2. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    No guts no glory!

3. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    So 1 hour to go?

4. merlin59

merlin59 Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0
    Whilst I appreciate the free weekend. How do you go ahead and buy something now if I want to? I was planning on purchasing Macau to add to a custom championship and the store won't let me purchase it! That's fine but in my custom championship I may not get to Macau this weekend. I also planned on picking up the ADAC 2013 cars. I'm not being fussy I'd just like to buy them now as I intended to anyways. Thanks!

5. Tuborg

Tuborg Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +457 / 0 / -0
    I miss all this fun when I work all weekend. Everything works as it should ? Many new participants online ?

6. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thanks so much for this Sector 3. It's far better to me to be able to test drive cars on tracks I'm familiar with. Of the few I didn't own, I'm definitely picking up 3 on Monday. One problem though and if someone else can let me know if this happens for them. The BMW 635 in the Touring Classics when test driven acts like the pit limiter is on for it. I made sure it was off and tried it on 3 tracks (Hockenheim, Nurburginring, and Mid Ohio and each time I couldn't get past 80mph or so.

7. mr_belowski

mr_belowski Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +1,307 / 0 / -0
    Someone was complaining about the same thing on the steam forum. I think they were using a controller or the keyboard. Sounded the the drive train elasticity was a bit 'off' for that car

8. Dave R

Dave R Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +576 / 0 / -0
    Thats the only one I've had issue with. I've tried different tracks and restarting and still the same issue.

9. chrismox

chrismox New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    I noticed this recently. It turns out that it's down to which realism setting you use. Anything other than "get real" and the car is broken. Apparently they're aware and it's on the to-do list.

10. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    From what I have seen it seems to be tc related.In low gears 1st or 2nd with tc on it seems like the engine is cutting.Dont know if its intentional but it certainly needs to be looked.

11. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    Closing in on the all time peak, so I guess there is a greater crowd than ordinary. :)
    http://steamcharts.com/app/211500

Unfortunately I don't know if I will make it to the action this weekend.. .
    But let's hope we will keep some of the new players after the weekend!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
  12. jayblue

jayblue Active Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -0
    Error 503 maybe there are too many people playing?

13. ajokay

ajokay Member

Ratings:
    +21 / 0 / -0
    We're getting Error 503's too. Authentication server down maybe?

14. SylverFyre

SylverFyre Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +78 / 0 / -0
    Yep, just got my PC stable with new graphics card and was hoping to give Macau a go. Got a mates wedding to go to tomorrow too so Saturday is out of the question for me, hope I can get in for a bit in a mo, see what this card can do :)

15. SilverOscar

SilverOscar New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    A suggestion, Sector3: If people really do buy more content as a result of the free weekend, put some of the profits into improving your infrastructure. Please. Maybe then I'll be able to start the game I PAID for and use the content I PAID for, rather than get endless Server 500 errors. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. alesi27

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    People,take a look at your antiviruses if you are having errors.Personally using the 360 for some weird reason it flags the exe everytime there is an update and blocks it causing a 503 error.So, check if you have something similar and restore files or check steam integrity.

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. ElNino

ElNino Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +475 / 0 / -0
    Bet im missing some killer races. Im out playing a show tonight...not sure what is more fun....playing guitar on stage or a packed, good race in r3e!

• Like Like x 1
  18. MeMotS

MeMotS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,056 / 0 / -0
    On stage dude. Been there a long time ago. Love playing in a band. Probably the best time of my life.
    Keep at it !!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. CirKan

CirKan Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0
    Since the beginning of the free weekend, it is impossible to play offline against the AI. When the race begins, I appear in a car that is not mine (always the first), the race begins and I can not do anything but watch.

20. Rodger Davies

Rodger Davies Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +594 / 0 / -0
    • Useful Useful x 1