News Important Change is Coming. Please Read

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by RaceRoom, Jun 2, 2016.

1. S-AMG

S-AMG Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0 / -0
    bonjour à tous
    peut on espérer , retrouver les Noms des joueurs après cette MAJ .
    nous avons plus les Noms des joueurs en triple Screen depuis un bon moment .
    merci les Gars ;)

2. Balrog

Balrog Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +466 / 0 / -0
    Does this mean Steam achievements will come sooner or later? Not that it's so important to me personally, but I think the game would become more attractive to newcomers.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2016
  3. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    Steam achievements?:confused:

4. James Cook

James Cook Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,013 / 0 / -0
    Unlock Brands Hatch GP :D

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Thank you Sir, that's what I'm talking about!

Okay, last time I opened a thread, I didn't draw up the essence that pure, but yeah....This switch to a newer technology should be the primary for the Sector3 IMO, not adding content every month. (Okay-okay, I get it, you earn money from the contents, but it's worth nothing if you just focusing on the contents - see what happened with the Simraceway, classic stuff in this topic!!!!)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Bee

Bee Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0 / -0
    So graphics makes a good racesim? Head over to Pcars...good luck!;)

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fanapryde

Fanapryde Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +410 / 0 / -0
    No, but it would be nice if every racesim had graphics as good as pCars. Real time and weather would be nice too.
    And if you take the time to get the (really complicated) FFB right, you will be awarded with a good racesim, yes.

8. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    I'll settle for the rendering engine that can render a proper dash to start with, but yes in the long run DX9 is for sure hold them back, Windows 10 only allows for 4gb of VRAM to be used in DX9 for example. With VR, new GPU's sporting more then 4gb of VRAM and Sector 3's desire to keep on pushing forward with awesome things like bigger grids and longer tracks, DX9 is already holding them back.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    Strictly speaking not the technology, but lack of people to drive it further is holding them back. Without those programmer positions filled, it doesn't matter that unreal/various versions of dx/Vulkan exist.

We still have a grace period where they can get away with current gfx: multiclass ai, flag rules, safety car, better mp lobby... all don't need new render tech.

For a bigger flash in new comers they will need the gfx and features that most expect along with it (weather and night).

Gfx and sim features doesn't have to rule each other out. We can demand both in 2016.

We just have to be realistic that it still requires more developers with more proficiency to deliver. Something the smaller devs were not able to afford yet.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. m.bohlken

m.bohlken Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +988 / 0 / -0
    1. Graphics is always an important factor for the immersion. Immersion is important for a good Simulation - so Graphics is one aspect that makes a racesim good. To be honest - I don't like those arguments that reduces a hole package to just one aspect. It always needs a look at the whole. Or do you think that only Physics makes a sim good? Or only Flag-Rules? Or only Content... and so on.

2. DirectX is not only about graphics. It is also about Hardware-Support. Hardware-Development is moving forward and the support in Hardware for DX9 will slowly die as it isn't supported anymore. I guess one reason that R3E struggles on AMD-CPU's is, that DirectX9 struggles on Multi-Core-use and the Single-Core-Performance in AMD's architecture isn't that good.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2016
  11. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    No nothing will change with the output.

Once you are logged in once the game does auto-login so you never had to type your credentials. The change is more beneficial for brand new users as they don't have to go through a registration form. For you not much will change.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Sonat Ozturk

Sonat Ozturk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +2,012 / 0 / -0
    I'm seeing some concerns and questions about the importance of this change. I'll categorize a bit for clarification.

- If you are an R3E player with just one account who is playing the game, this change won't affect you in any way except you no longer will login with your email/password. Most of you fall into this one so you have nothing to worry about.

- If you are an R3E player with multiple R3E accounts or you were sharing your R3E account between multiple Steam accounts by using the "Switch Account" option, then this change is important for you because after the update your account will be bound to the Steam account it was logged in with and you won't be able to change it.
    You have to make sure that you are bound to the right Steam account by launching the game on it.
    If you wish to keep your multiple accounts, each account will need to be bound to a different Steam account.

- If you are an R3E player who registered via portal (game.raceroom.com) but never launched the game on Steam, then this change is important for you because you will lose your account unless you launch the game before the update.

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  13. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    Weather I can understand (still miss TOCA for this) but night racing is such a niche market imo that it definitely isn't a deal breaker for me.
    I also believe the comments made by JF regarding the Unreal engine and how easy it is to implement new things due to its modular concept will make the move over to a later DX version inevitable and soon™.
    It's the few Neanderthals that hold back everything for everyone, Tiz the way of the world sadly, fear of change led by the old and infirm who just so happen hold the positions of power.
    Come the revolution! :cool:

14. pixeljetstream

pixeljetstream Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +412 / 0 / -0
    In the context of this game's development, I disagree with that statement. It's primarily a question of manpower/resources/money (however you may call it).

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Rodent

Rodent Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +323 / 0 / -0
    Bright side is that Unreal costs less then Steams cut and would reduce the amount of time it takes to implement things straight from the mouth of JF so there's hope.

• Like Like x 2
  16. LTC Mike

LTC Mike Active Member

Ratings:
    +41 / 0 / -0
    Well ... i wonder as if people were in the same mood when the electricity system was build up in the 19th century ... and electricity can have a lot of negative impacts if you don't handle it properly ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2016
  17. shardshunt

shardshunt Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +490 / 0 / -0
    @Sonat Ozturk I have opened a ticket but havent had a reply. id like to move my r3e account from one steam account to another befor this change over but i have dtm 13, can u help me with this?

18. Adam Jonas

Adam Jonas Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    Of course not, but performance issues can easily ruin a sim. ;)

Graphics good, the hardware usage isn't that good.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Racki

Racki Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +131 / 0 / -0
    I am not able to login at http://game.raceroom.com/de/competitions/ anymore although the credentials are correct and I have resetted them to be sure.
    It always says 'invalid credentials'

It it the same at yours? Is it because of this important change?

20. GooseCreature

GooseCreature Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +670 / 0 / -0
    With regards to this s/ware as I said I believe it will continue to progress, moving to Unreal engine etc, my statement was about the world in general and a certain stalwart that hangs around this forum! ;)