News May 2021 - Dev Notes

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by J-F Chardon, May 14, 2021.

1. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Agreed. It still feels like the effect is present, even with the slider set to off.

2. Yuval Rosen

Yuval Rosen Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Where's that new FFB you promised???

3. yoori

yoori Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +103 / 0 / -0
    If you didn't even bother to read this thread, I doubt anyone will give you an answer.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    You must have misunderstood me, I have read it and it says by June, and I'm so excited so I can't wait! (it was less a complaint and more an expression of excitement, I keep looking for an update several time a day!)

• Like Like x 1
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
  5. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    if we dont break it .....soon
    if we do break it ..... soon

Andi

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. memoNo1

memoNo1 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0 / -0
    Pls dont break it.. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. FormelLMS

FormelLMS Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +229 / 0 / -0
    I think it would be tuesday. Not before…. (Looked at the ranked an esports plan)

8. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Actually, that would be a good thing. It would be one less problem we as players would have to deal with. I say, break the hell out of it!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +355 / 0 / -0
    This week's ranked servers schedule was changed because of the update, so I suspect we're getting closer.

• Like Like x 1
  10. RIZZI

RIZZI Member

Ratings:
    +15 / 0 / -0
    Next update 23/06 3.7GB

11. Turtle Power

Turtle Power Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +302 / 0 / -0
    it will be more like 20gb

12. Yuval Rosen

Ratings:
    +49 / 0 / -0
    Where did you find this?

13. PanVlk

PanVlk Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +47 / 0 / -0
    It's been announced on discord.

• Like Like x 1
  14. inthebagbud

inthebagbud Member

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0
    Discord announcement

heads up that the June update will drop in just two days, on Wednesday 23rd of… June, obviously.
    Expect a download size of 3.7Gb.

15. Kondor999

Kondor999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    Thank God they're changing the FFB. I stopped driving at all in R3E after the Dec 2019 changes to FFB. It was my favorite overall sim up to that point. I realize FFB is inherently subjective, but I simply could not tell (despite track experience going back to 1986) what the car was doing, leading to lots of spins where I simply felt nothing useful through the wheel.

Meanwhile, I could drive all my other sims just fine (and they were, in general, a reasonable approximation of what I expect after all these years of driving). R3E was the only outlier. Anyway, fingers crossed. They're a great dev team and I hope the FFB finds its way back to greatness, or at least "good enough" territory.

• Agree Agree x 4
  16. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    Dec 2019?? You missed quite a few important updates already about the FFB...it's already pretty darn good on a DD wheel.

17. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    I stopped driving RRE's GT3s around that time because of this. Has changed with the Dec2020 physics updates, though, and now I find them super to drive.
    Looking forward for physics based FFB, though. I remember the breakthrough in rF1 when RealFeel arrived to replace the stock FFB.

18. Kondor999

Kondor999 Active Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0
    It's amusing they felt the need to update again, because I complained back then and all I got was:

"It's fine already".

Steam says the last time I drove was March 2021 (total of 821.8 hours btw since 2013), and it was still horrible (I kept checking back).

Happy to be wrong, but it's a bit of a joke how every jarring revision of the FFB is supposed to be closer to reality, when in fact the FFB was already great 2 years ago, and not all of these (very different) FFB implementations can be simultaneously right.

Is it possible you simply got accustomed to it? Do you drive other sims to compare? I find that my IRL car control ability on a track doesn't translate at all in R3E, but I can drive quite well in AC/ACC/rF2 (especially)/AMS2 and even PC2 (but less so - the FFB there is pretty bad unless you use a custom file).

I have a TS-XW and a Simucube 2 Pro (2 different rigs - some games don't like DD), both long since properly dialed in. Started simracing in 2012. Started driving at Road Atlanta in SCCA D-production in the mid -80's. I had a single test in a Roush Capri in 1986. I belong to a private track called Eagle's Canyon in Decatur, TX and drive my M6 there on occasion (brakes/tires/wife/life allowing).

Anyway, I'm really hopeful they'll sort it out. I have literally all the content so it sucks that I haven't been able to use it in a long time. I'm not trying to be negative for its own sake, and I'm glad you enjoy it.

19. Ricardo Rebelo

Ricardo Rebelo Member

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0
    Opinions are of course subjective, but have you reset the setup to default (or picked a new car) after the physics update? A few bad experiences turned out to be just the result of the game uploading the latest setup used (with previous physics).

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +92 / 0 / -0
    That is very true. I initially did forget to trash my setups and wasn't happy with the FFB, but once I did everything was great. The only sim so far that provides a proper tyre scrubbing while turning... Cannot wait for the new FFB,48 hours left!

• Like Like x 1