Released Nordschleife

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, May 31, 2015.

1. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    "Not long, and the wait will finally be over.
    The Nordschleife will be included in the upcoming patch!"

Now, i don't mean to be overly optimistic but in my 30+ years of gaming a 'patch' has always been an improvement or add-on to the last episode downloaded for free. Nowhere does it say "available soon for purchase."
    There are some huge differences in 'patch' and 'add-on content' but here it clearly states 'patch'.
    Maybe i'm getting old and the concise English dictionary has changed a few meanings for its words but there you go.
    Just my retrospective on life. ;)

2. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    This was already explained here.

Saying it is included in the next patch means that it is becoming available for purchase when the next patch arrives... :rolleyes::)

Edit: As Christian pointed out, it may not be available for purchase the day the patch comes out, but rather Soon thereafter :p

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  3. MrTay.

MrTay. Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +58 / 0 / -0
    I missed that. Thanks for clearing it up for me my friend :) I have no issue in buying it because of the effort that went into it. No matter what the cost, i will be racing it. Reckon we're all on the edge of our racing seats at the moment.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Christian G

Christian G Topological Agitator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Sorry to be the smartass party pooper again, but what it definitely does mean is that the tracks data files will be included in the next patch. That doesn't necessarily mean that it will be available as soon as the patch arrives.

Probably how it went with previous patches as well. New content was included in a patch (alongside other stuff, fixes, updates etc.) but it was only released a few days after the patch was published.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2016
  5. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Believe me, after doing some testing laps on it looking for bugs... it is truly a remarkable track. In my humble opinion, probably the best Sector3 has done to date and it very well could be the best version of the Nords in any racing game when it releases. Especially considering all the layouts that are coming with it.

And I am quite excited to get some MP races or even just casual driving in with a packed server. Huge grids seem to be on their way so this could be quite a blast :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. nate

nate Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +875 / 0 / -0
    Where would I be if I didnt have you to correct my mistakes :D

You are probably correct with that statement... In any case, the track files should be coming with the patch... and it should be available for purchase Soon as Georg and J-F said.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    Just covering your back. ;)
    Assuming my assumption is right, I could already heard the moaning... "But someone said it will be available when the patch arrives..."

• Like Like x 1
  8. alesi27

alesi27 Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +233 / 0 / -0
    If all the content believed to be included in the patch,became available from launch,the servers will have been begging for mercy...

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Well I hope you have a large bank balance and high paying job, it's not going to get any cheaper and the content will continue to come thick and fast compared to features at just a trickle, Capitalism at it's best.
    @J-F Chardon any chance you can prove me wrong, or will you just ignore my comment?

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,042 / 0 / -0
    What about the possibility of prepurchasing it for the webstore not to burn on day it's available?

11. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    @Insaneozzy ~ The high price actually did shock me when I saw how much I have paid yet do not have all the content. However the racing physics, sound and overall feel of the game is really good so I have not regretted it ... yet. The key to it all will be if I see the sim evolving further and if it continues to be upgraded then it was a worthwhile investment despite the high cost.

But the makers & distributors of RRRE should also take into account how much a particular user has spent to get the percentage of content they currently have, and then price the rest of the content much, much lower if they have spent a huge amount. Otherwise when analysed next to other great sims you can easily see you have paid way, way over the market value - relative to the content available in other titles. Whether what the customer thinks of all this impacts on Sector3 or their distributor's pricing policy though is the question - I think it may have no impact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. J-F Chardon

J-F Chardon KW Studios Developer

Ratings:
    +5,041 / 0 / -0
    We haven't communicated much yet about what features will ship in the patch, but wait and see, I would say ;)

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  13. Insaneozzy

Insaneozzy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +242 / 0 / -0
    Fair enough, I'll do just that, thanks for the reply, much appreciated.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Falschfahrer

Falschfahrer Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0
    ... i can help you ; AMD Phenom II X4 945 - AMD Radeon XFX 7850 2GB - NT Cougar 400 W - ASUS M5A78L-M LX3

15. Fleskebacon

Fleskebacon Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +258 / 0 / -0
    You're German, aren't you? It's your job to be the smartass party pooper.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Blanes

Blanes Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0
    Some nice times there SVG ! :)
    Perhaps we can meet at the Ring and I will show you some fast driving through "The Green Hell" ? :D

17. heppsan

heppsan Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,268 / 0 / -0
    @J-F Chardon
    Any chance we could get a race teaser with AI while we wait? :)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  18. Tarik Userli

Tarik Userli Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +578 / 0 / -0
    I have ask intern

• Like Like x 1
  19. Christian G

Ratings:
    +2,411 / 0 / -0
    :D
    Imagine the fun we're having here, where everyone thinks he's smarter than everybody else, and feels obliged to let everybody else know about it...
    Well, everyone except me, cause I actually am always right. If only everybody else finally accepted that fact... :yum:

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. MsportDan

MsportDan Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

last line sounds like my missus Christian lol... don't know her do you lol :)

• Funny Funny x 3