App R3E Reality GT - Multiplayer Broadcast Overlay

Discussion in 'Community Workshop' started by Scout, Nov 27, 2018.

1. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    This is a design that a company created specifically for this 'streamer' and took real money for. But I'm basically with you... such a starting grid would be a great thing.

2. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hey @Scout and welcome back! Hope you are good... where were you the last years? :)
    Nice new things in the new GT Overlay pack..... and i have try it immediately...
    - When you start the server... why are messages constantly pouring through like a waterfall?
    - UI: Thanks for new camera links per driver. BUT....
    - Could I get back the sector times? I like to use it in qualifying to predict where the driver could go with his improvement
    - This new UI is challenging my CPU. Most mouse clicks take far too long to produce the desired effect in the overlay
    - Could the font of the UI table get changed to a font that takes up less space? Not everyone has an ultrawide monitor :) Maybe just one or the other column that contains the most characters? Names, lap times, damage, pit stop counter...
    - Is there a chance that the trackmap comes back? I know, it seems buggy at the time and I think that is the reason why you deactivate it.

I developed my own design with different colors, positions of ads in the image, and my own vehicle logos. I'm concerned that I'll have to start everything from scratch or stay with 1.9.5 for longer.
    Are you still doing support and bug fixes for 1.9.5? To put it another way: are you ever available here again for questions and support?

And MOST IMPORTANT question at his time: Which version of node.js is currently recommended? In between there were versions that didn't work at all with the overlay...

Last edited: Feb 2, 2023
  3. Scout

Scout Well-Known Member Beta tester

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    > When you start the server... why are messages constantly pouring through like a waterfall?

Could you send a screenshot, I don't see what you mean. I removed a lot of logging from the terminal, so there should be a lot less.

> Could I get back the sector times?

They take up a lot of space and they are already shown on screen so it's a bit of a trade off. Most people wanted less info in the broadcast controller.

> This new UI is challenging my CPU. Most mouse clicks take far too long to produce the desired effect in the overlay

Which widgets in particular? I have added some longer pauses for some widgets on purpose to produce a more realistic event like in real motorsport where there is a delaying bringing graphics on screen.

> Could the font of the UI table get changed to a font that takes up less space

I have reduced the font size by about 10/15% in the next version.

> Is there a chance that the trackmap comes back.

It's broken and over half the tracks are missing an .svg with the map so I have no plan to support it.

> Are you still doing support and bug fixes for 1.9.5

Version 2 replaces any older version.

> Which version of node.js is currently recommended?

Recommended version is in the install instructions and the readme file. ;)

4. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Small Update - v2.0.1

Changelog
    [Feature] Updated standings tower, driver info and compare info widget to show class positions when multiclass mode is enabled.
    [Bug Fix] Fixed a bug where the race results would not center on screen for larger grids.
    [Disabled] Track map icon in broadcast controller.
    [UI] Reduced font size in broadcast controller table by 10/15%.

Download
    Download link in original post.

5. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    upload_2023-2-3_0-13-36.png
    The IP adress is the computer where the UI is running. Raceroom and Overlay package are on these computer here.
    On the screen I can see the sector times of the currently selected driver, but I'd like to compare them to the other drivers especially in Qualifying mode
    i.e. select an other driver, change camera
    I will continue to use 1.9.5 as long as I haven't properly ported my themes.
    Really 8.x? This is sooo outdated... actually we are on 18.x and years ago I had many problems with my 1.9.5 and a nodejs update has solved most of them. Actually I have 16.10

6. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Scout Scrolling messages are no longer visible in 2.0.1
    now I've got these messages...
    upload_2023-2-3_8-2-52.png

7. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Ich bekomme seit Stunden beim Download die Fehlermeldung: Temporärer Fehler, versuche es erneut.

Kann man die neue Version noch woanders herunterladen?

8. Scout

Ratings:
    +365 / 0 / -0
    Because you are not using the recommended node version ;). Won't see those on the recommended version. Nothing wrong with old versions of Nodejs if it works. RaceRoom DirectX is from 2002.

I don't have an issue downloading from Mega, maybe something blocking it from your country / ISP?

9. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +352 / 0 / -0
    To be fair, the latest edition of DX9 is from 2010.

10. fischhaltefolie

fischhaltefolie Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +1,037 / 0 / -0
    and rr was released in 2013:p

11. alanaxon

alanaxon New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Outstanding piece of work and I look forward to our modified theme based off this being used on our stream tonight. Is anyone else having issues with the camera view buttons on the console? A, H and S work on the right but TV, D, C, and W don't work. I am using 2.01 version of the overlay and 8.10.0 of Node.js. I have opponent's cockpits enabled in game. I have spoke to a couple of others and they have the same issue. Thanks

Last edited: Feb 8, 2023
  12. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    @Scout
    1. Do I have a opportunity to save the generated export files in the localhost folder (public)?
    2. What does the "teamEvent" setting change?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2023
  13. Curse of Spawn

Curse of Spawn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    good job an fresh new design ok with the restart i can change the Commentator name ..

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  14. Curse of Spawn

Curse of Spawn New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    how i change the raceroom logo with my one?
    there are a few design overlay to choose from. Will there still be a WTCR or GT3 design overlay?

good job ;) n1

Last edited: Feb 27, 2023
  15. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Hihihi Daniel, you will have to build it yourself :D

16. Nenadv73

Nenadv73 Member

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0
    well done you did a great job I tried to change it yesterday in Standings Tower to change to see the whole surname but I didn't succeed, everything is locked, can you help me how to fix it

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2023
  17. Crimson

Crimson New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Is there any reason why I can't connect to the localhost in the browser? I believe I set everything up correctly.

18. Wutzmann

Wutzmann Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0
    Weiß jemand, was die Zahl zu bedeuten hat, die neben dem Servernamen erscheint, wenn man auf "Event Info" klickt?

Does anyone know what the number that appears next to the server name when you click on "Event Info" means?

Screenshot 2023-03-27 134051.jpg

Last edited: Apr 11, 2023
  19. Bumble BeeVR

Bumble BeeVR New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    Would it be possible everytime a certain driver joins a race it would always highlight that driver though out the race?

I'm trying to stream with the broadcaster and VR game play at the same time using a dual pc streaming setup. So one panel you can see my VR view and another panel will show the broadcast with logos etc live whole stream

Sample Video:

20. Mike Rofon

Mike Rofon New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Das ist eine Raceroom interne Nummerierung aller Elemente, also Strecken und Autos/Liveries. 2866 ist die Strecke Paul Ricard, das Strecken-Logo und dieses Bild bei Dir haben die Nummer 2866 in der URL. Die Strecken-Varianten haben dann andere Nummern. Warum diese Zahl aber im Event Overlay auftaucht, mußt Du den Programmierer fragen ;)

• Like Like x 1