News Update scheduled for December 18th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Andi Goodwin

Andi Goodwin Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    hi ,
    can you give me a screenshot of what you mean so i can try and understand it better

Andi

2. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    leaderboards were cleaned due to extensive physics updates and track limit changes

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. jean-marie.hulin

jean-marie.hulin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    upload_2023-12-19_12-10-38.png
    in previous version, there were at least 20 names and track records in this list

4. jean-marie.hulin

jean-marie.hulin New Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0
    ok, thank you for the explanation.

5. x26111

x26111 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    Did this update ever happen? I didn't get R3E update from Steam.

6. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    Yup, was done yesterday

7. x26111

x26111 New Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0
    OK cool thx. Doing a verify to make sure.

8. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    I cannot do a clean lap without locking up in the GT3 cars. Even the forced ABS is not working. Software and hardware calibration has done little help on my side. If I cannot get the GT3 cars to run well what chance do I have with other classes? Very frustrated right now :mad::mad::mad:

9. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    hi :

try hitting brakes to about 80% and bleeding off ; you can also push the brake bias a little more rearward

Andi

10. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    can you send a short clip wit you locking wheels? external cam and factory abs

11. Wilko Jones

Wilko Jones Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +80 / 0 / -0
    Hendrick, What pedals are you running?

12. Eric Statkevicus

Eric Statkevicus New Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0
    I was also having problems locking brakes with almost all cars (I've been playing for over 5 years, this never happened). I put some deadzone in the brakes on both ends, and it drives much better. Accuforce Wheel/Clubsport pedals.
    upload_2023-12-19_17-35-11.png

13. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    @Andi Goodwin I do have brake pressure in car setup page at 80% brake bias as rear as possible.
    @FeltHλt I can assure you ABS assist is not working anymore. Zero difference. Easy to lockup any car. Please do investigate further because this option is my last hope.
    @Wilko Jones Fanatec CSL Pedals.

14. Nico Kunze

Nico Kunze Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +396 / 0 / -0
    A video would still be helpful. When i first jumped in a gt3 post update i also felt like i was constantly locking up but when looking at a slow mo external shot it turned out i wasnt. However i do agree the abs feels a bit weird. Now non abs cars are much easier to drive for me than abs cars which i dont think was the purpose of introducing abs in real life and it mainly being used in classes that are supposed to be approachable for amateurs. But maybe its just a case of getting used to it and/or trying to find some more info on how these cars are driven in real life

15. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    @Nico Kunze Thank you for the response. I have looked from all angles its a lockup and happens on the last phase of braking. While I get no skidmarks and no smoke, I do lockup and go straight and miss the corner now and then. The sounds of a lockup are apparent and clear internal/external views. I do feel like maybe the abs is getting overpowered by the braking I don't know. Getting a clean lap is impossible on my side hence the frustration.
    @Eric Statkevicus Yes I have tried the deadzone options. I set it up on that very same menu but once I leave that page it will reset back to 0%. Giving me no chance at all to explore those options. I'm on entry level equipment but if this is now not good enough to play the sim after the update then its a shame.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I wonder why it sounds like a lockup without skidmarks. It's not a case of skidmarks not working at all, because it's also possible to lock up and see skidmarks (yes, with Factory ABS).

17. FeltHλt

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
  18. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    BMW M4 GT3 DTM, FERRARI 296 GT3 DTM & PORSCHE 911 GT3 R (992) DTM

19. Andi Goodwin

Ratings:
    +791 / 0 / -0
    whats happening is is that you now have much more powerful brakes and much less intelligent abs ;
    before you could stamp and stay stamped and turn in and the abs would allow you to roll through the corner , this isnt happening now ; if you do this you will run wide ; with a feeling like your locked up ; your not fully locked up ; you just have micro locks
    so you can stamp on the brakes later but not full stamp , 80% max but when you wish to turn in you need to bleed off ; a good bit ; you can leave a bit to trail brake but bleeding off is needed or a less efficient abs will kick in

Andi

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Why does ABS lead to understeer? What's the point of ABS now? Would be great if Alex wrote an article to make it all clear. Don't know if he touched on that on Discord, will check later.

• Agree Agree x 2
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2023