News Update scheduled for December 18th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by KW Studios, Dec 11, 2023.

1. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    Thank you! Yeah, now it makes sense.

I have a few more questions though, if you don't mind:
    1) What was different in the old ABS that it was "too smart"? Did it also track something like lateral slip and eased pressure off?
    2) Some people seemed to like the old ABS, why is something like that not used in real life? Because it's impossible to build or is there another reason?
    3) Could we get an ABS similar to the old one as an additional game assist? With an appropriate amount of ballast as penalty.

2. Hendrick

Hendrick Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Well I downgraded to the gt4 class and same issue. No solution whatsoever and this is very frustrating. For me driving the gt3/gt4 classes is like I'm driving an lmp2/lmp3 without ABS. They have a prototype feel and this cannot be real. I respect the research and hard work done with the real drivers to get this in the sim. But something is not right just my opinion. I prefer the old ABS but yes it could have been developed like TC with options to decrease it to suit needs of others. Time to put my favorite sim on the shelf so sad :(
    Bang Head.gif

3. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    The leaderboard spawn point on Donington GP is suboptimal. You spawn in front of the chicane, so you have to do the chicane and both hairpins before you can even start your lap.

4. FeltHλt

FeltHλt Moderator Beta tester

Ratings:
    +479 / 0 / -0
    its done so you cant cut to the right without next lap invalidation (atm its programmed, that spawn point is the point, which after every cut invalidates next lap)
    It's also not something introduced in this update :p

5. Maskerader

Maskerader Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +356 / 0 / -0
    I found that M4 and AMG GT4 are much more sensitive under braking than other GT4 or GT3 cars that I tried.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Exactly the same here

7. majuh

majuh Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +257 / 0 / -0
    I see, but that's pretty annoying nonetheless. It would be better if spawn point and next lap invalidation point were two separate things.

8. Thomas Jansen

Thomas Jansen KW Studios Developer Beta tester

Ratings:
    +563 / 0 / -0
    1) pretty much yes

2) One thing is that it's actually quite difficult to get an accurate estimation of the tyre slip in a real car. We have all that exact data available to us in the simulation (noise-free!), making it much easier to optimize. Though I would guess that you'd get a pretty similarly overpowered ABS system if you gave F1 teams the freedom to make one as good as they can. Why this is not done for classes like GT3 is probably something about money and homologation rules :p

3) We are looking into making ABS presets/adjustability that would allow more of a choice between optimal braking performance and forgivingness

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Wonderful Wonderful x 1
  9. Hendrick

Ratings:
    +64 / 0 / -0
    Any fixes regarding braking?